I'm looking for a navigation app that gives turn by turn directions. I downloaded Waze which I thought was good until it lead me down a dead end street and one ways etc. No good. Any other ones out there?? I don't mind paying. I don't carry my garmin around all the time so I like to have a backup, and google maps isn't good for when I'm driving.
    12-02-2011 11:03 AM
    I'm looking for a navigation app that gives turn by turn directions. I downloaded Waze which I thought was good until it lead me down a dead end street and one ways etc. No good. Any other ones out there?? I don't mind paying. I don't carry my garmin around all the time so I like to have a backup, and google maps isn't good for when I'm driving.
    Like you, I have a garmin that I use most of the time when i need a nav app, but I also use the Garmin app on my phone for when I don't have the garmin unit with me. I like it, and think it works good.

Edit: The name of the Garmin app I use is "Garmin StreetPilot onDemand". It's a paid app. I don't remember how much I paid for it though.
    Last edited by E_Brown; 12-02-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Added app name
    12-02-2011 11:05 AM
    I've heard good things about MotionX, but haven't yet tried it myself. The nice thing is that the app itself is inexpensive ($1 I think) and you can buy turn by turn directions by the month or year. They are also running a sale:

MotionX | MotionX News MotionX-GPS Drive

If you try if I'd be curious about your experience. Let us know!
    12-02-2011 11:33 AM
    I use mapquest and have had absolutely no problems on any of my trips,
    12-03-2011 12:09 AM
    Here's a link to one of numerous threads in regards to this topic:

http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-apps-g...ation-app.html
    kch50428 likes this.
    12-03-2011 01:12 AM
    Definitely check existing threads. I've been very happy with TomTom.
    12-04-2011 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD