Any other browsers available...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
for the iPhone 4s besides Safari?

I used Bolt when I had my blackberry and loved that program, but I dont see that it is available for the iPhone. I hate Opera Mini with a passion.

Any other options out there?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I downloaded Dolphin..that one looks pretty cool. I'll check out skyfire and Photon as well.

I noticed that Dolphin does not render webpages like the full desktop version. for instance, using BOLT, if I went to The Official Site of NASCAR News, Video, Drivers, Tracks, Schedules & Fantasy | NASCAR.COM, the page would render exactly like the desktop version, but with Safari and Dolphin, it brings up the mobile version of the website - and there is no way to open the full web page.

Does Skyfire and Photon render pages correctly?

Which do you prefer?

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I downloaded Dolphin..that one looks pretty cool. I'll check out skyfire and Photon as well.

Which do you prefer?

I personally prefer photon because when I need to see flash its available at my fingertips.. skyfire does some flash content it takes flash content and turns it into html5..

its just that photon and skyfire aren't free though.. also I want to mention I know your comparing to bb I had 3 bbs and the browsers that came with those devices were always terrible. Safari is a different story its actually a really good browser its the original webkit browser invented by apple so obviously they do it best.

I went to the nascar site on photon and it loaded the full version!

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I personally prefer photon because when I need to see flash its available at my fingertips.. skyfire does some flash content it takes flash content and turns it into html5..

its just that photon and skyfire aren't free though.. also I want to mention I know your comparing to bb I had 3 bbs and the browsers that came with those devices were always terrible. Safari is a different story its actually a really good browser its the original webkit browser invented by apple so obviously they do it best.

I went to the nascar site on photon and it loaded the full version!

Cool! I was able to go into the Dolphin settings and check the Desktop Mode and the nascar site pulled up the full page - albeit a bit slow though.

I may just have to kick in the $3 for photon and see how that works.

Thanks for the tips.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Cool! I was able to go into the Dolphin settings and check the Desktop Mode and the nascar site pulled up the full page - albeit a bit slow though.

I may just have to kick in the $3 for photon and see how that works.

Thanks for the tips.

no problem good luck!

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
After trying nearly every Browser in the App Store, my favorite is Atomic Web Browser. It has the most features, easiest to use UI, and gesture support. Dolphin comes in second for me, only because it renders slower than Atomic. Photon is decent for Flash content, but I wouldn't use it as my main browser.

Reactions: noaim

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
After trying nearly every Browser in the App Store, my favorite is Atomic Web Browser. It has the most features, easiest to use UI, and gesture support. Dolphin comes in second for me, only because it renders slower than Atomic. Photon is decent for Flash content, but I wouldn't use it as my main browser.

I like and use Atomic Web Browser as well. If it only made flash content available I could give up the Skyfire Browser.

Reactions: noaim

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased atomic web browser because it looked good haha thanks

You are welcome. I think you'll like some of the features within the browser. Atomic must be trying to tell me something, because after hitting restore last session in the browser, this is the page that it opened up to.
surprised-021.gif

6c2478a7-ed4b-6707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
You are welcome. I think you'll like some of the features within the browser. Atomic must be trying to tell me something, because after hitting restore last session in the browser, this is the page that it opened up to. Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

I thought about the galaxy nexus as a secondary device but the hardware is behind most current smartphones...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought about the galaxy nexus as a secondary device but the hardware is behind most current smartphones...

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of my iPhone 4 with its 5MP camera and lack of external storage. Anyway, I like the fact that Atomic has a full page option as shown in the screenshot that I posted. I wish Safari would have included this feature with iOS 5, but it didn't happen.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it kind of reminds me of my iPhone 4 with its 5MP camera and lack of external storage. Anyway, I like the fact that Atomic has a full page option as shown in the screenshot that I posted. I wish Safari would have included this feature with iOS 5, but it didn't happen.

I still think out of all the built in mobile browsers I have used as far as one that comes with the device mobile safari is the best..

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I still think out of all the built in mobile browsers I have used as far as one that comes with the device mobile safari is the best..

Agreed. The stock browsers on Android and Blackberry are pretty bad. I'm anxious to try out the new Ice Cream Sandwich browser, though. From what I've read, it sounds quite a bit better than the ones on Gingerbread or Froyo.

As for 3rd party browsers, I think Android might take the cake. Firefox, Dolphin HD, and Opera Mobile are incredible! Wish they were available on iOS as well.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. The stock browsers on Android and Blackberry are pretty bad. I'm anxious to try out the new Ice Cream Sandwich browser, though. From what I've read, it sounds quite a bit better than the ones on Gingerbread or Froyo.

As for 3rd party browsers, I think Android might take the cake. Firefox, Dolphin HD, and Opera Mobile are incredible! Wish they were available on iOS as well.

I watched a demo of the ice cream sandwich browser on a galaxy nexus and he did a pinch to zoom and it still looked choppy compared to safari.. it was fast at loading a page and the pinch to zoom was fast but I love my things smooth... it could have just been lag id like to try it myself..

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I watched a demo of the ice cream sandwich browser on a galaxy nexus and he did a pinch to zoom and it still looked choppy compared to safari.. it was fast at loading a page and the pinch to zoom was fast but I love my things smooth... it could have just been lag id like to try it myself..

lol. No clue why I hadn't thought of looking for a video of the ICS browser. That would be much better than just reading about it. Think I'll do that now.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. The stock browsers on Android and Blackberry are pretty bad. Opera Mobile are incredible! Wish they were available on iOS as well.

Opera Mini is available for iOS5... I downloaded it and tried it to see if it was any better than what i had on my BB - nope. Still a crappy browser and even crappier interface.

i'll have to check out the Atomic browser...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR