This question may have been asked in this forum before, but all the search results I pulled didn't give me quite the answer I was looking for. I understand that Whatsapp uses data only and does not count towards sms text usage, but my question is whether or not messages for Whatsapp are at all traceable since it utilizes the data network only. I always knew that when using standard sms text, the phone numbers were traceable on a phone bill, but I was shocked to find that it is possible to pull the actual text conversations. Anyways, thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with this question.
    11-20-2011 11:39 AM
    This is just a guess but probably no more traceable than emails from your phone are. The TelCo may not be able to do it but if someone wanted to find out what you sent, via data, bad enough.....they could.

Just my opinion.
    11-20-2011 02:36 PM
    There are privacy laws controlling what information a telco can release. Don't believe these extend to private text services like Whatsapp.

You ever see their posts on Facebook where they post conversation snippets? I asked where they got these and no response...
    11-20-2011 10:25 PM
    Thank you both for your responses. I was just curious as far as the conversations showing up anywhere on the phone bill or being obtainable through the carrier. It doesn't seem that that is an issue though. Thanks again!
    11-22-2011 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD