Are there any games / apps that can be played in the lockscreen?

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone, my one year old loves "playing" with with my iphone. I have no problem with it, but he likes it when things happen. I tried locking the device and giving it to him, but the lock screen only keeps his attention for a few minutes. He likes when he touches the creen and things happen; the thing is, inadvertant calls / texts/ emails often occur. Putting the device in airplane mode only partially helps because he can ctill move icons around and change settings... So, what I am looking for is an app that is somewhat engaging (keep in mind for a one year old) that can be played while phone is locked. Any thoughts on this?

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone, my one year old loves "playing" with with my iphone. I have no problem with it, but he likes it when things happen. I tried locking the device and giving it to him, but the lock screen only keeps his attention for a few minutes. He likes when he touches the creen and things happen; the thing is, inadvertant calls / texts/ emails often occur. Putting the device in airplane mode only partially helps because he can ctill move icons around and change settings... So, what I am looking for is an app that is somewhat engaging (keep in mind for a one year old) that can be played while phone is locked. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know of anyway to do this. I know that at one time there was a jailbreak option (or a concept of one) that had profiles, where you could log into one for your children and anyhting other than games you selected was unavailable. Too scared to JB for now, so I let me two and four year old play with my phone and fix anyhting the two year old messed up. My biggest grip is she always starts new games with friends on Words with Friends/Hanging with Friends and resigns my current games :mad:

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
im not sure i would ever let a one year old play with a $650 "toy" :) - but... how about maybe finding an old ipod touch for him to use?

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The app Baby Go is kind of a solution. It keeps him entertained enough for a while and the only way to get out of that app is to push the home button. He "knows" to push it but doesn't quite have the dexterity to do it consistently.

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
im not sure i would ever let a one year old play with a $650 "toy" :) - but... how about maybe finding an old ipod touch for him to use?

I like when he's happy and he loves the device. Besides, it is built like a rock and has a case on it so I don't think he can cause any real damage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods