This might not be the right forum but I know its being read.iphone 4s new
    1. If I but a app and dont like it what can I do.
    2. is there any way to push your mail threw. Faster then checking evey 15 min. No exchange sever.
    home user here not a corp.
    3. how do you know what apps or program is running still in backround
    Can some shead some light.
    also anyone have a good locking program to recommend
    Last edited by danncas; 11-11-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: forgot
    11-11-2011 08:50 AM
    1.) Hold down on the app or any other app on the homescreen until they all start to "wiggle" and then click the "X" in the top right corner.
    2.) No, setting an account up through exchange is still the best option.
    3.) Double click the home button to see the apps still running in the background.
    DANNCAS likes this.
    11-11-2011 08:55 AM
    a) Hold down and wait until it starts moving. An 'x' will appear and you can click that to get rid of it. You will then also have to delete in it in iTunes or else it will want to sync back to your phone.
    2. Yep. When you load your Mail app, it will automatically load new mail.
    3. If you double click the home button, a tray will appear with all open apps. You can press and hold the apps and click on the x next to them to close them completely.
    I don't know any locking programs, sorry. Hope this helps.
    DANNCAS likes this.
    11-11-2011 09:00 AM
    This might not be the right forum but I know its being read.iphone 4s new
    2. is there any way to push your mail threw. Faster then checking evey 15 min. No exchange sever.
    home user here not a corp.
    3. how do you know what apps or program is running still in backround
    Can some shead some light.
    also anyone have a good locking program to recommend
    1) Read more reviews before buying next time; getting a refund is not easy. You can delete the icon in the way the above post describes.
    2) You don't need to be a corp to use Exchange. Gmail accounts can use it. Or you can use a third party app like Boxcar for push notifications.
    3) See above post.
    4) Not sure what you mean by "locking program".
    11-11-2011 09:01 AM
    2. Yep. When you load your Mail app, it will automatically load new mail.
    That's you fetching the new mail not push.
    11-11-2011 09:03 AM
    3.) Double click the home button to see the apps still running in the background.
    Being a little picky here, but "running in the background" is not really what is going on. The mulitasking bar shows you recently opened apps, and only certain classes of apps like VOIP, Navigation and music for instance can/are actually running. The others are put in suspense to allow you to resume quicker. So generally it is a fallacy to think that apps in the multitasking bar are slowing down the iPhone or using memory. Now that's not to say that a rogue app can cause problems, but this is not common. What I generally tell people who ask about managing the multitasking bar is to scroll through the apps and if it is something that you use often just leave it be. If it is an app that you opened once to check out or will use infrequently go ahead and put it in wiggle mode and close it.

More info from Apple
    11-11-2011 12:34 PM
    I had this same email issue when I got my phone as I have an email account that I must be notified of instantly (website server stuff)... what I did was setup a Gmail account specifically for it and when setting up on my phone I set it up as Exchange instead of the Gmail option the iphone offers... do a search and you will find instructions for this.

Once you setup the GMail account as exchange the emails will always be pushed to you - no more waiting every 15 minutes for the fetch crap...
    11-11-2011 02:42 PM
    U normally can not get it refunded if u ever used an application but don't need it anymore.... Buy wisely :-)
    12-13-2011 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD