Got my first iphone the other day... amazing how many apps are out there, but it doesnt seem as though you can sort them by rating, popularity, etc...

I am looking for suggestions on a good pattern lock app as well as a weather app (user berryweather on my bb and would like something similar).

Any suggestions would be great... not looking for an alarm on the lock and would like afull featured weather app.
    11-03-2011 06:25 PM
    I'm in the same boat, sec day with my new iPhone 4. Right now I'm using the weather channel app which is defiantly better then bb app. I also loaded accuweather which I'm still up in the air on right now.
    11-03-2011 06:39 PM
    When you say pattern lock I'm assuming you mean a lock screen like android has? With the iPhone what you see is what you get. There is no pattern lock, just the straight across lock. There might be something if you jailbreak the phone but I'm not sure
    11-03-2011 07:00 PM
    You could always do a lock code, and make a pattern out of the #'s. I'm afraid of the pattern lock. It's easier for me to remember #'s.
    11-03-2011 07:31 PM
    I'm using the Weather Network app for weather and I like it. But AccuWeather is also good. Have yet to find a good weather app that displays conditions/temp in the homescreen icon.
    11-03-2011 08:27 PM
    thanks for the replies... I did some searching on the forums and have been looking at some suggestions... havent found a weather app that has 'everything' just yet...
    11-03-2011 08:57 PM
    Only way to get the pattern lock is if you jailbreak your phone, that is disappointing. I always thought the pattern lock was very cool, still love my iPhone though.
    11-07-2011 10:46 AM
    there is an app called Fahrenheit - that says it pushes the temp to the badge on the icon... but i couldnt get it to work. i miss berryweather too!
    11-07-2011 11:55 AM
    Thought I would chime in a response to my own post... after trying a few different weather apps so far the one I like the best is called 'eWeather HD'. Has a nice main screen, nice radar, alerts, and an hourly forecast as well. It is no BerryWeather, but as good as I could find at the moment.
    11-07-2011 02:06 PM
    I always hated it for the problems it caused on PCs, but I have found Weatherbug for the iPhone comes closets to giving me what I want (and I too miss BerryWeather). The biggest issue I have with Weatherbug is I can find a weather station that's all that close to where I live (and BerryWeather had some really close ones) but otherwise it's a good app with a lot of information.
    11-08-2011 06:21 PM
    there is an app called Fahrenheit - that says it pushes the temp to the badge on the icon... but i couldnt get it to work. i miss berryweather too!
    have you tried deleting and reinstalling? I have it and it works great- have only heard good things about app
    11-08-2011 06:24 PM
    I like the stock weather app that comes with the phone but maybe thats just me lol.
    11-08-2011 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD