Your favorite navagation app?

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Mapquest is ok but slightly inaccurate sometimes, the nav free Canada app is free works awesome and has a cool feature where u can notify of wrong names or missing addresses so far it's my fave!

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Tom Tom app for over 2 years, when it first came out it was a terrible product. Tom Tom has work hard at improving the app. Now it has grown for me as the most gps I rely on. I like the fact you can download map corrections done by drivers who found tom tom to be wrong. The traffic is 20 dollars a year which is reasonable and with it you can avoid bad traffic by using the alternative route guidance built in. If you do not care about traffic then the one time fee covers updates (including maps).

Only negative is because everything is on your phone it takes up about 1.5 gigs of data. I rather have this though than rely on a gps software that messes up when I am out of coverage area.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I think for me Waze has been fantastic.. I very rarely use navigation software, maybe 4-5 times a year at best, so its just not feasible for me to pay for any, and after seeing people talk about Waze I decided to give it a try..

1 question though.. What is the horn sound I keep hearing every now and again when I am using it?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend the TOM TOM application its a little pricey but its a one time fee and the maps are stored on the device no need for a data connection to navigate very well done..

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have always used Garmin GPS units in my car, and then my BB. I just got the IPhone version and so far have been very happy. It is all I've ever used so hard to say what is best, but it hasn't let me down.

jlp916

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have Waze on mine. I tried it first as a BB app mainly downloaded it for the traffic alerts but since switching to the iPhone 4s have tried the turn by turn directions. I really like it (even more than the BB version) but it does want to stick to it's original route. I've only used it a few times to try it out (driving from work to home) to see how I like it before I try it for a larger trip. I have a Garmin Nuvi from a few years ago that's almost always tucked in my car for when I need it.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
Does Navigon have the ability to show you a text turn-by-turn route in addition to your route on a map? For example, turn left on Mian Street for 5-mi, turn right on Maple Ave of 300-yards.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
Does Navigon have the ability to show you a text turn-by-turn route in addition to your route on a map? For example, turn left on Mian Street for 5-mi, turn right on Maple Ave of 300-yards.

Found the answer. Once your destination is plotted in, hit the route option button in the upper-right of the screen (to the right of the MPH reading) then scroll up by placing your finger anywhere on the list and you'll see other items including Turn-by-Turn List.

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Drive from Chicago to Milwaukee twice a week, and love Waze (reporting where cops are, and seeing what others report for cops, hazards, construction, heavy traffic, etc). Navigon tells me nothing about cops, pot holes, etc.