help with Viber app

zidge1751

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Please help with this issue. I have an iphone 4 running 4.3.5 and all of a sudden the viber app stopped working. I have reinstalled it several times to no avail.

What happens is I go through the install process (IE: get the sms code with no problem) but as soon as I enter the code it flashes back to the home screen and after that each time I press the app it does the same thing. The app comes up for a second and goes back to the home screen.

Any help is appreciated!

I really love this app and hate not being able to use it:(

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, this is an official rep. of Viber!

@zidge1751 - In order to help you we need the following details:
1. Is your device jailbroken?
2. Which Viber version do you have? (you can find in: More> About)

Thanks!
Viber Team

Mike Russo

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi....I hope you can help. I've had viber for a while, and it is updated on my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1. My phone is jailbroken, and it has still worked...until tonight!!! Every time I click on the icon, it pushes me back to the home screen. I've deleted it and reinstalled it a number of times, and it'll get to after I add my number, then push me back to the home screen again!! Please help me!! I'm thinking it's so etching I added in Cydia...

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi....I hope you can help. I've had viber for a while, and it is updated on my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1. My phone is jailbroken, and it has still worked...until tonight!!! Every time I click on the icon, it pushes me back to the home screen. I've deleted it and reinstalled it a number of times, and it'll get to after I add my number, then push me back to the home screen again!! Please help me!! I'm thinking it's so etching I added in Cydia...

Hi Mike,

As a whole, Viber does not officially support Jailbroken devices, and that may be the reason for the problem :( In this case, we unfortunately won't be able to assist you.
However, we do recommend that you try the following:

1. Try to reboot your iPhone, then test Viber again.
2. Try uninstalling, then reinstalling Viber. Note that this will result in deletion of your Viber chat history.

Mike Russo

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I've done both of those a few times with no luck :(. I'm thinking it's a mobile substrate or something else. It works when I boot my phone into safe mode. It was also working a few days ago without it being in safe mode. Ughhhh. I love the app

Viber

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I've done both of those a few times with no luck :(. I'm thinking it's a mobile substrate or something else. It works when I boot my phone into safe mode. It was also working a few days ago without it being in safe mode. Ughhhh. I love the app

It's sounds unlikely that it is a mobile substrate, since the app itself crashes.
Unfortunately there is not much we can suggest :( A final test would be to install Viber again on your iPhone when your iPhone is completely "clean" of everything (especially the Jailbreak). But of course we can't recommend you to do it.

We hope the problem is resolved for you soon, so you can use Viber once more.