So sometimes I buy games and I'll buy the free ones first just to test it to see if I like it before buying the one that cost money. So what happens to the app once it's deleted off your phone because I know you can still see you have Downloaded it on iTunes but it's not on my phone. Also does all your data on the free game transfer to the same game you just purchased? What's the point of having the same exact games free and for money? They seem to run the same ha
    10-18-2011 12:31 AM
    So sometimes I buy games and I'll buy the free ones first just to test it to see if I like it before buying the one that cost money. So what happens to the app once it's deleted off your phone because I know you can still see you have Downloaded it on iTunes but it's not on my phone. Also does all your data on the free game transfer to the same game you just purchased? What's the point of having the same exact games free and for money? They seem to run the same ha

Once you delete an App off your phone the data is gone. It could be saved in a back up if you sync'd your phone... also if it had game center data it will ask you if you want to keep it or not.

My guess is that game data does not transfer from a free app to a paid one, unless its something like words with friends, where the data of your game is saved on a server and can be sent to the new app. If you're playing something like N.O.V.A. you probably won't get the free app data transferred to the paid one.

The difference between paid games and free games is usually the amount of ads that are put onto the free ones. Sometimes devs will put out a free version, but they still make money off of the ads that are displayed during the game, so giving it out for free pays for itself. And if you really like the game and find the ads annoying, you can choose to buy it with no ads.

The only other way to transfer saved game data from free to paid (assuming its not sever based) would probably be though SHH, and you manually transfer the files.

hope your question is answered
    10-18-2011 04:02 AM
    Thank you very much
    10-18-2011 09:51 AM
    so have alot of you guys downloaded apps on your phone then deleted them daily because you don't like them?
    10-18-2011 10:13 AM
    so have alot of you guys downloaded apps on your phone then deleted them daily because you don't like them?
    There has been plenty of applications that I have tried and not liked..
    10-18-2011 10:37 AM
    I have about 400 apps on my computer, only about 100 on my iphone. Most of them are the free of the app day ones that I ended up hating that same night.
    10-18-2011 11:11 AM
    So if they are on your comp why are the there if you have deleted them? What does that mean if they are on your comp? Dont you want them to be totally deleted? Haha
    10-18-2011 11:43 AM
    if you delete them why do they stay on your computer?
    10-18-2011 07:04 PM
    if you delete them why do they stay on your computer?
    Here one way to answer that question. Lets say you game that you have finished and played that takes up a lot of space i.e. Rage takes up about 1gig on the iphone. You delete the game and 6 months later you decide you want to play it again. It is easier to restore the game from your pc than re downloading the game again. Now with Icloud I will probably start wiping out a lot of apps that I no longer use.
    10-18-2011 07:39 PM
    so its on your comp if you ever want it again your saying? and how do you download it again to your phone?
    10-18-2011 07:40 PM
    so its on your comp if you ever want it again your saying? and how do you download it again to your phone?
    They are on my mac, if you go to itunes, click on apps you will see them all there. If your iphone is connected to your pc/mac and you open up itunes, click on apps. The ones you have deleted will be still listed but without being checked off. You can also rearrange your screen there as you add apps.
    10-18-2011 07:45 PM
    thanks! so you never delete them off your itunes? you just keep them there just incase but delete off your phone?
    10-18-2011 07:46 PM
    thanks! so you never delete them off your itunes? you just keep them there just incase but delete off your phone?
    I kept them because I was lazy to be honest.
    10-18-2011 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD