Is Google Voice Gone?

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Google Voice keeps crashing on me on OS 5, so I thought I'd check it in the app store and see if anyone else is having the same problem. Except it's not in the app store anymore, it's gone.

Anyone know if it's gone for good? And if so, why?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think they removed it so no one could download the messed up version. They tweeted that an updated app was coming soon.

Reactions: GigaS27
B

bonesb

GV worked on all of the betas, but isn't working on the GM/Final Build - the app crashes on both of my iPhones. On a related note, the GV service is working fine for me when I use Talkatone or GV Connect on either iPhone. Google's likely going to have an update out soon...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Keep in mind there are at least 3 Google Voice apps. I know one of them works, cause I've been getting texts on it all evening.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Running GV Connect, GV Mobile +, Google Voice (official app). All are running "ok" but have they ever run really good? I ran them in the GM and now on my 4S. I bet we won't see any update from the official app for a long time. Google is horrible at supporting the iPhone app.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Can someone break down how the Click2Call works... I'm coming from android and the apple version doesn't seem to have all the same features as the android.

Is it saying when I use the Google Voice dialer, it will use my mobile # and not my google voice # to show up on the callers side?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
In Google Voice on the web, you set it to show your mobile number or your GV number. So however you have it set, is how it will work.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
with my android I had the option to choose which # I wanted to dial from each time I made a call.

Since you're using your minutes even when you use Google Voice, what would the advantage be of using Google Voice and having it show up as from your cell number, when you could just dial direct from your dialer?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73