Is anyone else out there really frustrated with Dataviz support? If it wasn't for their products, which have features I can't find elsewhere, I'd dump them in a New York minute! My history with them goes way back, all the way to Palm OS in the early 2000s.'

In my latest frustrating interaction with Dataviz support, I had a problem synchronizing with Google docs. One of my google accounts worked fine, but the other one kept failing. So I played the silly game on the Dataviz support site, where you have to troll their useless Knowledge Base until it allows you to submit an issue. Finally, I submitted an issue, and the first response was if you're using 3G, please switch to wifi, or if you're using wifi, please switch to 3G. Sounded like a stall to me, just to meet some response SLA* When that didnt work, the next request was to delete the account and re-add it. Of course, that didnt work either. Sounded to me like grasping at straws.

Finally, I did what I should have done in the first place, I googled the error message, and discovered the Dataviz support forum. While I didnt find the direct answer to my problem, it gave me a clue that lead to a resolution.

So I wanted to post my experience for others benefit. That lead to even more frustration with Dataviz support. They have locked their forums, going to one-on-one e-mail support. So users cant help each other with their problems, they have to depend on their useless support techs for help! And they say, 90% of your issues will be found in our knowledge base Thats baloney. As I said, I go back many years with Dataviz, and Ive found answers to my problems in their knowledgebase maybe 10% of the time.

Anyone else have similar experiences with Dataviz support?

*SLA Service Level Agreement. We will respond within x period of time.
    10-13-2011 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD