Anyone excited for Cards?

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cards was announced Tuesday as a new app coming from apple. Anyone excited for it? I may use it to make Christmas cards this year! Interested in what others think of it.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Uh... I wouldn't say I'm excited for it but I will use it and I think it's a great idea.

I wouldn't use it for bulk cards though, $3 a piece is expensive when you can get them from Walgreens and mail them yourself for much cheaper. Will probably use it for birthdays, etc. though.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
$3 a hit is pretty steep. But it's a novel concept.
A card at our local Target is about $2.50. Then if I wanted to send it with a postage stamp thats $.44 so thats already over $2.99. I don't see how this is a steep price for a personal card?? I thought it was expensive at first until I did the math.

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I will use it definitely. The push notification to my phone will be great. Especially mailing a card to my mom. She lives in the middle of nowhere, so sometimes I mail her a card and she might get it in a couple days or sometimes a week. Now I'll know!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
it reminds me of the Print Shop days on Window 3.1 - everyone was making their own cheesy cards for a friend's birthday or Mother's Day. I still think it's overpriced and a major #fail.

Three bucks for a professionally designed and manufactured card is no big deal. But paying $3 for a cheesy offering that you have to create yourself is over the top, IMHO.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
$3 for a beautifully made apple card is well worth the money compared to a nice hallmark card plus postage. I agree that its not the greatest idea for bulk mailings, but for bdays and mom and pops days will be good. I bought some birth announcement cards through iphoto '11 and they were fantastic! If its anything like that (the card quality that is) it will be a nice feature.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed in the app store it's available for iPhone but not listed under iPad. Not sure why. I know I can use iPhone app on iPad but doesn't look as nice when u make it bigger.