FM Receiver App?

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be getting the next iPhone as my first iPhone and I am wondering is their a way to receive "true" FM broadcasts and not "streaming" broadcasts via 3g/Wifi? I am looking for something like on a regular radio or on the previous Nano where you can tune in individual channels for when I want to listen to the TV in my apartments gym. I know of Tune-In, Nobex, iheartradio... If this can be done via just an app or it can also be with an accessory like the Remote Control apps for your TV.
I just wanted to note that I will be using wired headsets with this.

DJ

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
AFAIK, you need an App like TuneIN Radio. The iPhone does not have a built in FM transmitter. You will need 3G or WiFi.

Unless someone else knows something different.:confused:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You mean FM receiver....

To the OP: iPhones don't have FM receivers. You'll need to use a streaming app, or for a station local to you, an FM receiver will have to do.

Last edited:

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Unless for some reason the new iPhone model(s) come with an FM antenna then you're going to be out of luck trying to get non-streaming FM stations.

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think one major reason why apple does not (and may never) support FM receiver, is one, space, secondly cost of the part, and the largest, free music and no royalty on ads! that way you need to rely on itunes for your music! yuck!

dburke8088

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
So the FM section of the BCM4325 chip can't be enabled?

Low-Power 802.11a/b/g with Bluetooth? 2.1 + EDR and FM

The Broadcom BCM4325 family of single-chip devices provides for the highest level of integration for a mobile or handheld wireless system, with integrated IEEE 802.11a/b/g (MAC/Baseband/Radio), Bluetooth 2.1 + enhanced data rate (EDR), and FM receiver. Thus providing a compact small form factor solution with minimal external components to drive the costs for mass volumes and allows for flexibility in size, form, and function of handheld devices. The BCM4325 is designed to address the needs of highly mobile devices that require minimal power consumption and reliable operation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro