Hi,

I'm looking for a way to count the number of pedestrians, runners, bicyclists, rollerbladers, etc., using a bike path, using time lapse video, that I can speed up for counting on a computer or iPad. Ideally, the app will have these features:

1. *It will work on an iPhone 3G. Yes, I know the 3G doesn't take video. But I have an old 3G that I can dedicate to the task. Is there an app that will take many stills and stitch them together into a video?

2. *It will have settable frame rates for both capture and playback. I'll have to experiment to figure out the optimum. I need to take pictures often enough to capture every person but far enough apart that it doesn't create huge files. Maybe I need two apps...one with a presettable frame rate for capture on the iPhone and another for variable frame rate playback on the iPad/computer.

3. *It will create a file that can be sent to a laptop or iPad, via DropBox (preferable) or e-mail, in a format that can be played back.

4. *It will be able to run unattended for at least 2 hours, preferably more, on a single battery charge. For example, the screen should go dark after initial setup. I would mount the iPhone on the dashboard of a car.

Low res will work fine. I only need to count people...not identify them.

You get extra credit if you find an app that superimposes the date and time on the image!

Thanks for any help....
    09-25-2011 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD