Verizon iPhone 4 - iPod app playing music/podcasts with reverb

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

Recently, when I play music or podcasts from my iPhone 4, whether into headphones, from the phone itself, or connected to speakers, it plays it with a sort of echo or reverb.

It does not do this when I am on speaker phone.

I can't think of what could be causing this, but I use my iPod often, especially in my car on the long drive to and from work.

It's kind of creepy sometimes, depending on what's playing, not to mention, just annoying that it's happening in the first place.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this, and how it can be fixed?

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is the issue, but it might be:

Go to your settings.

Scroll down to iPod

Select iPod

Where it says "EQ" make sure it says "OFF"

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response, but I did already check that.

I can't find a similar problem on the interweb anywhere, apparently I'm alone in this. I'm taking it to Apple tomorrow.

Thank you for your help!

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Went to Apple today. Guy at the GB said he'd never seen an iPhone do this before, but somehow my L and R speakers got out of sync. They gave me a new phone, problem solved.

Just posting this so that if anyone else in the world has this problem, they won't have to go through the trouble I did, hopefully.

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Genius Bar was wrong? Wha???

Went to Apple today. Guy at the GB said he'd never seen an iPhone do this before, but somehow my L and R speakers got out of sync. They gave me a new phone, problem solved.

Just posting this so that if anyone else in the world has this problem, they won't have to go through the trouble I did, hopefully.

CORRECTION:
After Apple gave me a new phone, it worked fine for a while, then the problem started again once I plugged it into the Aux input in my car. I unplugged it, and tested the phone by itself, still did it. But only on podcasts.

My husband did some more research and corrected the problem. Here's what was happening:

When you play podcasts, and you're in the "now playing" screen that's a translucent black, shows volume, where you're at in the podcast, etc. In the upper right corner of this screen, there is a little white box that says "1x". Touching this box will allow you to change the speed of the podcast (I guess some people are such avid podcast listeners, that it saves them time to listen to it faster). I had coincidentally and unknowingly changed the speed of the podcast to "1.1x" which just made it sound funny, not faster.

He changed it back to "1x", and everything is now hunky dory! But thanks for the new phone, Apple! Just wanted to clear that up. Sorry for the confusion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73