Best word compatible app

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a BT Apple Keyboard and trying to find the best app that would allow me to type documents on the iPad and be able to view them on a computer using Microsoft Word.

Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As long as you're using Word on the computer to start with, Docs 2 Go is probably the best choice.

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
I'm a fan of Office2 HD. The Dropbox integration (a good way to get your docs from the iPad to the computer) is well done. I didn't much like Pages.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
As long as you're using Word on the computer to start with, Docs 2 Go is probably the best choice.

Thanks Alli. I typed up a quick test paragraph last night with margins, highlighting, bold, underlined, indentions, etc and when I pulled it up in word it worked great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When I first bought my Mac I bought Pages at the same time. To say I was underwhelmed would be a kindness. I got Word for Mac at the first opportunity and have been very happy. Being able to sync to Pages on iOS isn't worth the inferior product.

I haven't used QuickOffice in many many years. I had it on my original Palm, and switched to Docs2Go from QO. I always forget it's still an option.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Really Alli they are six of one half dozen of the other.

They both have pretty much the same features. I think if you need to modify or create Word docs either would work.

Patrice Khal

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I was using Quickoffice Pro on my iphone and HD version on my iPad, but encounters too much crashes, especially with big docs. Since I use DocsToGo, I admit a very better experience.
Hope they'll upgrade it anyway, miss some options.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Odd, I have not had one crash and I use Quick Office regularly. Of course I probably just jinxed myself :)

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I like DocsToGo and I'm thinking of picking up the Logitech Flip Up Keyboard. I know it adds another 1lb onto the device but I like how u can use the iPad like normal but when want to bang out a long email or word doc u just pop the KB out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner