Warning: Billing info from My Verizon app vs. Verizon web.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
FYI:

I got a text earlier in the week saying I'm approaching my message limit. My phone app showed I was not close to my 250 message limit. I called customer service and the guy said don't worry even though a text message from Verizon warned of this and the Verizon web site login showed the problem. He also said he's note the account.

Today I log in see I'm over. I call *611 and the Verizon rep says I can't go by the phone app nor does she see the guy I spoke to on the 9th noting the account as I requested.

I asked for a supervisor but was told none were available until later in the day.

I took a screen shot of the My Verizon app and am tempted to report this to the my state's Public Service Commission because Verizon is probably over billing a lot of people if this app reports same for others.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It's good to know that there are problems with the My Verizon app, but I don't use it much anyway. Having to sign in every time is too much of a pain in the ass. I periodically call for the free text message detailing my usage, and it seems to always be accurate.

I'd recommend getting the free text message in the future. In case you aren't aware, you can go into Settings / Phone and scroll to the bottom to find the Verizon Services option. There you will find one-touch dialing options for billing, text and data usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the app have some sort of disclaimer in it? Stating something along the lines that it "may not be accurate or current" ?

I recall reading something along those lines in the fine print

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2