Kevin has sent us an email looking for a way to have instantly updated/synced calendars for his staff.

We are looking for an app that can be updated by several different users at the same time and display that updated schedule to everyone on their iPad. Let me give you the specifics to better explain what I am looking for. The setting is a cold storage facility with 10 different buildings. Throughout those 10 buildings are 5-6 workers loading or unloading trucks and 2 employees in the office checking in drivers. The office employees make the appointments for the drivers but appointments can be made on the same day. So we would like the warehouse workers to be able to see the updated schedule as it changes as well as be able to note the arrival and departure times of the drivers from the delivery docks. It doesn't need a lot of bells and whistles but it just needs to be current and easily updatable by different parties at the same time.
    I'm pretty sure a combination of Google Calendars and Exchange or something like that will work, right? If you do this, can you explain to Kevin how to get it done?

Or if you have any good app suggestions, that's great too! Thanks!
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 09-05-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    09-05-2011 02:40 PM
    Everyone needs there gmail setup as exchange. Then they need to be added to the group calendar as it maybe to see the calendar. Goggling exchange sync will give you great instructions. This is how I did this at work for our shared calendar.
    09-05-2011 05:45 PM
    I recommend using CalenGoo. That way you can add any exchange calendar, Google, MobileMe, or other.

In Google, one person needs to "own" the calendar. In your calendar settings you can share with the other people, using their email addresses (regardless of their device). You set them up so that they can edit events and not just view them.
    09-05-2011 06:41 PM
    Added this one to the blog! http://www.tipb.com/2011/09/18/app-s...ultiple-ipads/
    Alli likes this.
    09-18-2011 04:26 PM
    Couldn't you just create a shared calendar in Google Calender, authorize certain people to access and edit it, then click on where the subscribe link is and copy the iCal link and subscribe to that shared calendar in iCal? That's what I do.
    10-03-2011 10:13 PM
    You could, but most people don't want to mess with iCal links. Easier to just use an app.
    10-03-2011 10:48 PM
    Here's another excellent Google Calendar app, Tapcal.

It also syncs Google Tasks and with the iCal app, very very nice so far.
    10-09-2011 08:03 PM
    10-11-2011 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD