App for That: Word Processing

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Ben has sent us an email looking for a word processing app with specific features.

Hello!

I?ve been following your blog for quite a long time now, and I have to say ? my iPhone has so many great apps because of YOU guys!

However, there?s only one thing that?s missing: a word processor app. Oh no, not any word processing app: a Dropbox-enabled landscape-supporting iPhone-compatible formatting-including word processing app. Yup. I?ve tried ?em all: from Elements to SImplenote, from QuickOffice to Office2, from DocumentsToGo to Notesy...I was so excited when I found out about Pages finally being compatible with the iPhone but oh-no it doesn?t offer landscape support. Why do I need one like that? I?m trying to pick up writing, writing a novel, and in the momentary absence of an iPad (I?ll get the iPad 3 if it gets released this September, I?ll follow its updates on your site of course! ;) ) all I?m left with is my iPhone, the iPhone that I was convinced to buy after I read your reviews on your site... I want to be able to edit my novel on my iPhone and save it in Dropbox (or even another cloud-based service, as long as it?s safe and, well, cheap! [even better if it?s free!]) so that I can then access it on my laptop or wherever I am. I also want to be able to make my editing and formatting when I need to, with chapters, text formatting etc... Landscape support? Just to make it flexible: sometimes I feel like writing in portrait mode, other times I feel like I need me some landscape mode. Now, if there was one app that was a mix of all those apps I mentioned plus the other ones I purchased for this purpose, well, I?d buy it in a jiffy! But so far I haven?t found one like that, I?ve only found mediocre apps (and some terrible, terrible apps! *shivers*) and some good apps too but they all had missing features ? the features that mean most to me, the ones I listed...

Right now I?m tired of spending money trying out all these apps and being disappointed...so, since you guys have ?magically? been able to advice others on what to get for their needs (I?m saying ?magically? because everytime I read those posts I think ?oh c?mon there can?t be an app for that........oh wait...there is!?), I really HOPE that you can help me out with this one!

Now, I?ve never won any contests on your website (*sob*) or any prizes on your site (*sob sob*) BUT if you could PLEASE just help me out with this one, you would make me the happiest Tipb fan in the whole wide world! You?d finally help me, an aspiring writer, to do what I?ve been dreaming of doing for so long, all that?s missing is the right tool...the right app...which I hope you can find for me!

P.S.
Even if there?s more than one I don?t mind trying them out, whether you find 1 or 2 or 3, I just hope you can find something that fits my needs!

Sincerely yours,

A loyal fan! =)

Anyone have any suggestion for Ben?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you try Evernote? It offers this for formatting:

evernote_example.PNG

That's the best I've managed to find that also supports landscape. It syncs with its own website and desktop application.

Hope I've helped!

gewappnet

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
He actually does not list his needed features. Landscape support, text formatting and Dropbox support are already in the mentioned QuickOffice and DocumentsToGo. What are the missed features?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
He actually does not list his needed features. Landscape support, text formatting and Dropbox support are already in the mentioned QuickOffice and DocumentsToGo. What are the missed features?

I'm assuming it's semi-advanced formatting... but as I don't have either QuickOffice or DocumentsToGo I can't tell XD

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Indeed. I have DocumentsToGo and I was thinking the same thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2