Best iPad apps for college students?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Title says it all, I'm looking for a note taking app other than the native one which would have more capabilities and other apps that would be useful for me as I enter the college world. Also, what word/excel/PowerPoint app do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
As for a amazing note taking app check out complete class organizer. I just downloaded it for college myself and it's turning out to be one of the best apps I've ever bought. Grade calculation, audio recording that synchs with the words you write at the same time for easy play back, web and picture attachment to your notes, iPad calendar support within the app, textbook finder, and man just way too many things to explain but seriously check it out. It's perfect for note taking on every aspect. $4.99 for it. Only one that pops up when you type in complete class organizer.

And for word excel and PowerPoint get the apple equivalents, pages(word) numbers(excel) and keynote(PowerPoint). They're what apple developed to compete with Microsoft office software and just about exactly the same, all the same features, templates, fonts, equations, slide transitions, and when you buy each it will come with a doc telling you how to do every single thing on it. They're $9.99 each and definitely all you'll need to type papers, make spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations for college I can promise you that!

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I also am wondering what apps to get, as using it for school is the primary reason I purchased an iPad 2. I've been using Evernote, and it's working okay for me, though I do need something better to track due dates and homework. Going to check out the Complete Class Organizer now.

I've been hesitant to get Pages et al. I want to use my iPad to help type up some small assignments and what not, but i'm so hesitant to move away from MS Office...

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, complete class organizer is great. And pages, yeah I was a bit hesitant also but it really has every single feature office does in a easy to use format on the iPad. You can't save them directly as documents on the iPad versions, but you can save them to the cloud them bring them back in those formats. It's a great addition for writing papers

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wrong, opened the iWork apps today and you can actually email the doc straight from the app in Microsoft word format. So definitely great apps to have!

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee

Llucy Williams

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
For a college student having BUDGET BUSTER app is must : A free app that lets you track your daily, weekly, and monthly expenses from your iPhone, iPad.

I recommend this app.

Thanxs
Lucy Williams

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2