Best iPhone app for holidaying in a Spanish speaking country

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I have found this Hello-Hello Spanish (for iPhone) app very useful to learn Spanish or to take along with yourself in a trip to a French speaking country

The new app is a perfect companion for travelers who are planning to visit Spanish-speaking countries like Spain, Mexico, Costa Rica etc. The app contents many features that make communication with Spanish Native users or learning Spanish, very easy: -

* 30 conversational lessons based on realistic dialogues and situations, which take place in Restaurants, Hotels, Airport, Streets etc, rather than a collection of out-of-context words and phrases.

* Full localization: users can see the entire app, including the translations of the lessons and words lists in 6 native languages! Languages available: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Dutch and Portuguese.

* All contents of the app are stored in the app and do not need to be connected to Wi-Fi or 3G networks to run the app. Hence users can accesses the app, refer to Spanish words and sentences or do the lessons and practice vocabulary anytime, anywhere.

Also, Hello-Hello Spanish (iPhone)?s language course is developed in collaboration with the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), so users can be assured that these lessons follow an effective research-based methodology.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is this any better than Google Translate? I've been using Google Translate to communicate with my Spanish Speaking patients for a while and the app has always worked out well, however, I would consider another one if it works well enough.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Also, Hello-Hello Spanish (iPhone)?s language course is developed in collaboration with the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), so users can be assured that these lessons follow an effective research-based methodology.

As a member of ACTFL, I highly doubt this. Lessons without interaction with live people are not lessons - they are memorization drills. That being said, when you look for a dictionary app, look for one with the largest lexicon (number of words), and easy to find phrases that will help you out.

Google Translate is great if you know how to search for a phrase. For instance, Google's German is terrible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77