I need an invite please!
    07-18-2011 09:07 AM
    Google coca-cola spotify...you can get invites through their site.
    07-18-2011 09:45 AM
    I have one invite. pm me for one.
    07-18-2011 10:42 AM
    the pricing for this seems a little ridiculous
    07-18-2011 10:46 AM
    Agreed, I'm just doing the free version to see what all the hubbub is about. Although I guess if you're a huge music lover it's basically like buying one CD a month.
    07-18-2011 10:48 AM
    I didn't wanna wait for an invite. I just paid $10 for a month to see what it's like. Sound quality is a big
    thing for me. I don't think I'll keep it though because it's taking up my data usage. I like to listen to music
    mostly when driving and at the gym but I get no wi-fi in neither.

I gotta say that I really like it though.
    07-18-2011 04:57 PM
    I didn't wanna wait for an invite. I just paid $10 for a month to see what it's like. Sound quality is a big
    thing for me. I don't think I'll keep it though because it's taking up my data usage. I like to listen to music
    mostly when driving and at the gym but I get no wi-fi in neither.

I gotta say that I really like it though.
    Once you purchase you have the ability to star tracks, and whole CD's. Once they are starred you can sync them to iPhone to run in offline mode so you don't drain all the data away.
    07-18-2011 06:22 PM
    Im not sure I really understand the whole point if you are simply streaming music you probably already have on your phone. I guess if you didn't want to take up the space on your phone or you were using a phone (non-iphone) that couldn't play your protected iTunes music?
    07-18-2011 08:00 PM
    The main point is that you don't have to buy the music, just a subscription. Then you just stream (or save for playing offline) whatever you want. Think of it like Pandora but with tracks YOU choose instead of tracks chosen FOR you.
    07-18-2011 09:44 PM
    The main point is that you don't have to buy the music, just a subscription. Then you just stream (or save for playing offline) whatever you want. Think of it like Pandora but with tracks YOU choose instead of tracks chosen FOR you.
    What about the non premium version. What is the point of that.
    07-18-2011 09:58 PM
    Seems all it does is play the music you already have. Not sure why I want that.
    07-18-2011 10:13 PM
    No, you use it to play songs you DON'T have. Their library is something like 13 million songs. Read this: Spotify Open - Spotify Invite - Free Music - Download and Listen - Spotify
    BLiNK likes this.
    07-18-2011 10:26 PM
    No, you use it to play songs you DON'T have. Their library is something like 13 million songs. Read this: Spotify Open - Spotify Invite - Free Music - Download and Listen - Spotify
    When I sign in on the app on phone and search click on song it says I need premium for that.
    07-19-2011 07:08 AM
    When I sign in on the app on phone and search click on song it says I need premium for that.
    Never mind I see u need premium to use on phone
    07-19-2011 08:06 AM
    Just so I have this straight, there is no way to use the Spotify app if you don't have a premium service?
    07-19-2011 09:12 AM
    Just so I have this straight, there is no way to use the Spotify app if you don't have a premium service?
    You're correct.
    07-19-2011 09:31 AM
    Now I truly don't see what all the fuss has been about. I'd rather have it available on my mobile than my desktop.

Reminds me of the old Rhapsody service, but tons more expensive.
    07-19-2011 12:21 PM
    I can tell you right now the hype is well deserved- it's not trying to compete with a Pandora type service which is why the mobile app is for premium users only. It is a full music replacement app for your phone. You can have your own personally downloaded (purchased) music combined with all the songs spotify offers all in one place. And you can search and listen to any song available via streaming or downloading right to your device. It also offers wireless syncing between your home network computers and devices via wifi. If your a music nut it makes plenty of sense.
    anon4705295 likes this.
    07-19-2011 03:00 PM
    Now I truly don't see what all the fuss has been about. I'd rather have it available on my mobile than my desktop.

Reminds me of the old Rhapsody service, but tons more expensive.
    Yeah I gotta second that. I haven't really had a chance to play with it. Camp director over summer and spend very little time at my desk
    07-19-2011 03:05 PM
    Once you purchase you have the ability to star tracks, and whole CD's. Once they are starred you can sync them to iPhone to run in offline mode so you don't drain all the data away.
    I think most of my data usage was syncing songs for that

I just got all giddy with track syncing when I should have done it over WiFi.
    07-19-2011 03:18 PM
    So here is a question with these music services. The app is free so could you "share" the subscription with someone? Or is it linked to iTunes. The $10 a month wouldn't be so bad if I can run it on my iPhone and my husband could run it on his under same username.
    07-19-2011 09:59 PM
    I think you can, but it will only let you stream to one at a time if I remember right.
    07-19-2011 11:06 PM
    Is that for all of them? I am currently trying out mog. Not sure how much I like it yet. May try it with spotify next.
    07-19-2011 11:10 PM
    I will spend $50+ a month on music downloads on my phone. $10 a month for the premium service is a no brainer in my situation. Spotify is simply awesome.
    07-19-2011 11:26 PM
    I am amazed that people don't get the Spotify service. It isn't to play music you already have. It isn't anything like the old Rhapsody service. While they offer a free desktop service, if you want the ability to create your own deep playlist which can be downloaded to the Spotify mobile app then you have to pay 9.99 per month. To listen to some of you that is a fortune, Really? If you just buy one CD a month this service pays for itself because you have access to a library of over 15 million songs. By the way you can download to up to 3 devices. You put them in offline mode after your playlist downloads. Anyone else loging into that same account can stream. You just cannot stream from multiple devices at one time. It is a nice service and is actually priced very competitively with Rhapsody, Slacker, Napster to name a few.
    07-20-2011 02:10 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD