I am amazed that people don't get the Spotify service. It isn't to play music you already have. It isn't anything like the old Rhapsody service. While they offer a free desktop service, if you want the ability to create your own deep playlist which can be downloaded to the Spotify mobile app then you have to pay 9.99 per month. To listen to some of you that is a fortune, Really? If you just buy one CD a month this service pays for itself because you have access to a library of over 15 million songs. By the way you can download to up to 3 devices. You put them in offline mode after your playlist downloads. Anyone else loging into that same account can stream. You just cannot stream from multiple devices at one time. It is a nice service and is actually priced very competitively with Rhapsody, Slacker, Napster to name a few.
    Do you have to sync to
    Computer or can u download to playlist right from phone then put in offline mode?
    07-20-2011 09:49 AM
    Do you have to sync to
    Computer or can u download to playlist right from phone then put in offline mode?

No it all works wirelessly via Spotify Desktop software. You don't have to connect any cables.
    07-20-2011 10:59 AM
    Would love to hear from others who used premium on phone. The reviews in app store are painful to read.
    07-20-2011 07:58 PM
    I think the people that wrote the reviews in the app store thought the service was free. I have the premium service and love it. I can find 99.9% of the songs I'm looking for, and there is no buffering.
    Just wish they had quick shuffle options for genres, or artist.
    Definitely worth the cost of one album a month.
    07-20-2011 08:37 PM
    I think the people that wrote the reviews in the app store thought the service was free. I have the premium service and love it. I can find 99.9% of the songs I'm looking for, and there is no buffering.
    Just wish they had quick shuffle options for genres, or artist.
    Definitely worth the cost of one album a month.
    Can you download right to phone? Or do u have to download to computer first then sync?
    07-20-2011 09:08 PM
    Yes, you can download directly from your phone. Then when you are on WIFI with your computer again they then sync with each other so that they reflect changes you've made on your computer or device. It's awesome.
    07-20-2011 09:34 PM
    I love Spotify. I am a major music freak but I get bored with stuff pretty quickly... this saves SO MUCH MONEY because you can change out music frequently, try new stuff, and make killer party playlists without spending a crapload of money on albums and tracks. Spotify has a much bigger library than pretty much any competitor (I can't say it does for sure, but I haven't found one with more music yet) and the UI is almost identical to iTunes, making it super easy to use.

I do wish it had some form of a radio option... that's Mog's one benefit over Spotify. Mog's UI is much more complicated to me and I love the extra 4 million songs Spotify offers. The best part is you don't have to go in and redo your whole iTunes library -- it also lets you make playlists and such with what you already own. Spotify is every bit worth the hype, all for the price of one album a month.
    07-22-2011 07:52 PM
    I love Spotify. I am a major music freak but I get bored with stuff pretty quickly... this saves SO MUCH MONEY because you can change out music frequently, try new stuff, and make killer party playlists without spending a crapload of money on albums and tracks.
    Haha, I'm the same way with music. Before Spotify I would download whole albums just to hear them a few times. I'm not complaining about paying for the music, but it can get pretty expensive.

I'm a bit of a impulse music buyer.
    Last edited by Iphonejackson; 07-23-2011 at 03:30 AM.
    07-23-2011 03:28 AM
    Is spotify any good? Does anyone know if the paid membership is worth it?
    07-29-2011 01:45 AM
    Has anybody else had skipping issues with this app? Also I really wish they would add the related artists and radio features available on the desktop app to the mobile app.
    11-02-2011 11:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD