iPad magazine reading app

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got Zinio a couple days ago. Two magazines I subscribe to in print are available digitally, Birds and Blooms and Garden Design. So I thought I would check out B&B, and it requires Nook for iPad or something. Nook for iPad looks cool, but apparently not all the magazines it offers are available for iPad. So then I found Zinio, and _all_ the magazines there are available for iPad (and iPhone). I DLed Zinio, and then at work yesterday (nice fast wifi) subscribed to a reptile magazine, got a few issues of a wine magazine, an issue of a garden magazine, the latest Consumer Reports...

I like to go sit outside at my Water Garden in the evening. I take my iPhone, (e-mail and texting, timer for grilling) and iPad (Words With Friends, Flipbook) and a print magazine or catalog or whatever. Sit there in my rocking chair, drink a glass of wine, feed the fish. So I was thinking, if two of the three mags I subscribe to in print are available in Zinio, wouldn't it be nice to get rid of the clutter (I have a hard time throwing them away after reading) and just go digital? The iPad has been sucking up so much of my time as it is...

Anyway, last night I read a couple issues of Vines and was really pleased with the experience. My only complaint is several mags I would like to get are in the $50-60/12 issues range. Seriously?

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with Zinio.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So after talking about Zinio, I revisited the site today. I got a free issue of Florida Reflections- not sure why! And I bought my first e-book. It was a book I had been looking at in hardcopy for a while, anyway. I'm excited to go home and read!

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Zinio is absolutely the best for this. It's a shame that it isn't better-known or that Apple themselves didn't try to copy it (Newsstand really does nothing but house other apps).

Go find them on your computer and sign up for free. You can even get a free 2- or 3-issue subscription to try out. I found The Hockey News, which is NOT easy to find in print in the U.S. And they have a pretty good selection of magazines, most of which are surprisingly well priced.

App still needs a little work but it is absolutely functional, as is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2