Crossed over from Blackberry looking for app?

sam00

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, i have just come across from being a long time Blackberry user and i must say i am impressed by my iphone 4 for many reasons but having said that the Blackberry was a great Email management tool. There is one thing i really miss that i had on my BB that i cant find a app for the iPhone. I am looking for a app that constantly reminds/alerts you if you have a active missed call or sms, rather than always looking at your phone. Is there such a app? Thanks in advance

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if there is a legit app from the AppStore but if you are jailbroken I recommend opennotifier from cydia.

It puts active notifications of things not looked at in the status bar next to your battery icon.

gbons

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried installing opennotifier it gave me this error:

"I wasn't able to locate file for the libstatusbar package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package."

What does that even mean?

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried installing opennotifier it gave me this error:

"I wasn't able to locate file for the libstatusbar package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package."

What does that even mean?

That means either the connection dropped out or the repo is down. Best way to fix would be to connect to wifi for stable connection and kill cydia and try again.

If the repo is down then just try again later when they have fixed it.

Reactions: gbons

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi All, i have just come across from being a long time Blackberry user and i must say i am impressed by my iphone 4 for many reasons but having said that the Blackberry was a great Email management tool. There is one thing i really miss that i had on my BB that i cant find a app for the iPhone. I am looking for a app that constantly reminds/alerts you if you have a active missed call or sms, rather than always looking at your phone. Is there such a app? Thanks in advance

I really impressed with Blackberry's Email management tool

sam00

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my hands on a BB the other day thinking i might go back and after playing with it for a while the Interface just doesnt come close to the iPhone. RIM are just way behind!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It's still a ways off in the future, but it looks like iOS 5 will address this, at least to some extent...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox