I have a question, when you choose to upgrade from a Lite version of a game to a paid version to you:

a. prefer to be linked to the pay version and download it in addition to the lite version.

b. do an "In-App" purchase and keep playing the "Lite" version just with unlocked features?

Thanks
    Rob
    05-30-2011 03:49 PM
    Depends on the app. Some apps don't offer upgrades via in-app purchase.
    05-30-2011 07:06 PM
    Yes, but I'm the programmer of a game app (OmniBlaster - announced in another thread) that currently is $0.99. I want to build a "Lite" version, I just need to know how you prefer to purchase the upgrade. Since I'm the programmer I can do either way, I just want to know what your preferred way is.

Thanks
    Rob
    05-30-2011 08:49 PM
    In my opinion, i would prefer been taken to the app store... IDK why but, i rather do all my purchases via the app store. But i guess its a personal prefference..
    05-30-2011 09:03 PM
    I suspect in app purchase would give a higher conversion rate due to fewer clicks, but I have nothing to back this up

I wouldn't want an icon with FREE or LITE on it anymore though, so would expect this and the splash to be updated
    06-01-2011 11:53 AM
    I also prefer a link to the App Store.
    06-12-2011 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD