Reinstalled Windows, plug in iPhone, don't want to overwrite Apps

nortonl

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I can't be the only person to whom this has happened, and if there's been a post about this on this forum, please just direct me to it and I'll thank you in advance.

I have a Nano, and iPod, and an iPhone, and each one I sync differently. The Nano, I manage the music manually; the iPod, I sync the entire music library. My iPhone I have set to sync only checked songs. It all worked beautifully.

Until...I had to reinstall Windows. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate edition and reinstalled the latest version of iTunes - 10.2 or whatever it is, you know, the current one. Once installed I clicked on File -> Import Playlist, found the XML file for my iTunes library, and it reloaded my entire library. Wonderful. I then clicked on File -> Add folder to library, went to my apps folder, and it reloaded all my apps. Wonderful.

I plugged in my Nano and it worked great - as the settings are on the device itself, it remembered that I wanted to handle things manually, so I did it. Ran into a bit of a snag with the iPod - I plugged it in, and a window popped up saying that the iPod had been synced with another music library, and did I want to erase the entire contents and replace it with this library? Wasn't my favorite choice, but since it didn't really matter, I did it.

Now I plug in my iPhone. It syncs the checked music, great. But no apps get synced. So I look at the App tab and I see it is not checked to sync apps. So I check it, and an alert comes up saying "Do you want to replace all your apps on your iPhone with the apps in your library?"

Huh? I cancelled it, because I fear that by selecting this choice, my iPhone apps will be wiped out from the phone. I don't care all that much about losing my high scores on games - whatever. But I have all the icons and folders set Just Right, and I really don't want to replace the apps on my iPhone, nor do I want to re-customize the icons. What am I missing here?

I can't be the first person on the planet to whom this has happened, and I can't believe that my only choice is to wipe the iPhone clean and reinstall all the apps. You know what I'm supposed to do, right? Let me know - in simple, easy to understand language, like I've just used above. (For example: File -> Add folder to library. You've done that. You understand what I mean when I write that. Write to me like I understand what you're saying).

Thanks!
Norton

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Being that no one replied yet it might be that there is no way to do this. I know I have not yet found a way. In fact iTunes doesn't even like you moving apps from one location to another without asking to replace all apps, it thinks they are new.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711