i'm trying to get real world reviews and experiences with this app. has anyone used it? and give me some pros/cons.

thanks
    05-11-2011 12:59 AM
    hi i use it quite a lot it's handy for capturing ideas and has some good features. I have had it crash only a few times but i think it was something to do with my phone memory, it gets better with every update. I would recommend it
    05-11-2011 09:32 AM
    I've had good results, but unless you really NEED to multitrack, the voice memo app is just as easy for saving ideas on the fly. One con for me was that it saves (I think) as a wav file, and it's not easy to get songs out if the app. (wifi transfer instead of email)
    05-11-2011 03:13 PM
    Hello, Daniel from Sonoma Wire Works here, makers of FourTrack. Actually there are 3 ways to get music you record off your device:

1. File sharing with iTunes 9.2 and iOS 4 - Go into the Fourtrack File Sharing section of the Apps tab in iTunes and drag your session onto your desktop.
    2. WiFI Sync - Tap "Song Tools" and then "Song List" in the top right corner to see a list of songs you have created. On the bottom of the screen, tap "WiFi Sync." An IP address URL will be displayed on your device. On your desktop computer, open a browser and log on to the displayed URL. This will take you to a webpage with download links to all your song files. NOTE: Your computer and your device must be on the same wireless network for this to work.
    3. RiffWorks - Using RiffWorks to export from FourTrack is most recommended because it is the only export method that will capture the pan and gain settings used in FourTrack. In FourTrack, tap "Song Tools" and then "Song List" in the top right corner to see a list of songs you have created. On the bottom of the screen, tap "WiFi Sync." An IP address URL will be displayed on your device. Open RiffWorks or RiffWorks T4 on your desktop computer and click "Import." You will be asked to confirm the transfer on your device. This method requires that your computer and device are on the same wireless network. You must also have RiffWorks or RiffWorks T4 installed on your computer.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

-Daniel
    05-11-2011 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD