Best calendar app?

Cantor

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have recommendations on the best calendar app?

I've tried native, miCal, Agendus (it sucks), as well as a couple of others.

I need a calendar app with integrated task management.

Awesome note would be interesting if it supported native calendar integration like miCal.

I would even be happy if the app simple presented a unified interface while connecting to back end toodledo, evernote, gooledocs, etc with the native calendars.

Has anyone found a calendar app that meets what SHOULD be a very simple request?

Is it too much to ask for my the due date of my tasks to be overlaid on my appointments?

If any one has any recommendations please let me know.

Developers take note. This is an app I would pay 20-30$ for.

Thanks!

C

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I do all of my scheduling through Google's calendar. One of my major issues with the iPhone's native calendar is that if I enter an event through the internet (not through the iPhone) I sometimes do not get the reminder alerts on the iPhone.

Assuming others have experienced the same issue, does Calengoo fix this?

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use pocket informant and I am a huge fan of it. The developer (including the owner of the company) is very active on their forums.

I just did a basic test and pocket informant will bring in the alerts from the google calendar that it syncs with.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I do all of my scheduling through Google's calendar. One of my major issues with the iPhone's native calendar is that if I enter an event through the internet (not through the iPhone) I sometimes do not get the reminder alerts on the iPhone.

Assuming others have experienced the same issue, does Calengoo fix this?

Make sure you have a default alert set (on the Google web as well as on your phone). I have never NOT gotten my calendar alert/reminder.

I also like Calengoo much more than Informant.

Von Nostrum

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
i'm actually looking at making one of my own at the moment. It's going to be slightly different from most as the essence of it is different as i aim for it to be more than just an organised to do list. the idea is that it's to make it easy to organise the priorities in your life. ambitious, i know.

of course, the functionality of the calendar has to be perfect too. about to start testing it fully - any comments that you have which relate to the most important features of calendars, let me know!

i will of course, like all my other apps, do some free giveaway promos.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The perfect calendar needs both tasks and appointments, notifications, repeating events, multiple exchange calendar sync support, day/week/month/year/agenda views, colour code priorities - priority matrix, multiple event alarms, birthday integration...probably more, but those are just what I thought of off the top of my head.

Makes me miss Agendus on Palm os. :(

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The perfect calendar needs both tasks and appointments, notifications, repeating events, multiple exchange calendar sync support, day/week/month/year/agenda views, colour code priorities - priority matrix, multiple event alarms, birthday integration...probably more, but those are just what I thought of off the top of my head.

Makes me miss Agendus on Palm os. :(

Pocket informant has most of those.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
For various reasons, I don't like PI. I'm currently using Calengoo, which I prefer over PI. But its UI is clunky.

TRACC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi Alli,

I did read this post before I posted, but when reading this post I wasn't clear on whether this is a local app only not a SaaS app hosted on a Google server. I also noticed quite a few Calendar apps in the App store and I didn't see too many suggestions in this or similar posts compared to the numbers in the App store so I thought I'd post again. I was hoping to get a variety of responses from those who have tried or currently use alternate calendars. The best recommendations come from those who use the apps such as yourself. I appreciate your suggestions and advice..........

USOApps

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Week Cal

As for me I use Week Cal))) I has a lot of useful&convenient features for me.
My favourite are adding a location to an event and agenda overview.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. The default calendar app is sufficient for my needs. It's not fancy and appealing as some others, but it gets the job done, in my opinion.

Just Me, D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox