iCam
    $4.99 Universal App
    Desktop Software Free!
    ***** Stars!!

Website

I just discovered this app this morning, there may be others similar but for $4.99 its awesome and does everything I want it too..

Our kids are grown so we don't need a kid cam but we do have dogs that keep getting into mischief while we're gone, so we thought it would be awesome to set our iMac and MacBook Pro up to create "doggy cams" in a couple strategic places in our home.

Worth checking out if your interested in knowing whats going on in your home while your gone!

Streams great to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, you can set it up to send you a push notification when motion activates your webcam, very smooth, no lag, awesome app!

Check it out!!

Last edited by CalifJewls; 03-28-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    03-26-2011 03:26 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty cool app? Or are people using another app like this? I love the fact that I know whats going on at my house when Im gone, in fact Im not telling my grown children about this, we'll see who's raiding the fridge while Im gone..haha
    03-28-2011 06:41 PM
    It does look pretty cool... my first thought was as a security camera in the event of a break-in... but I think the iPad would be one of the first items to go!
    03-28-2011 07:29 PM
    iCam
    $4.99 Universal App
    Desktop Software Free!
    ***** Stars!!

Website

I just discovered this app this morning, there may be others similar but for $4.99 its awesome and does everything I want it too..

Our kids are grown so we don't need a kid cam but we do have dogs that keep getting into mischief while we're gone, so we thought it would be awesome to set our iMac and MacBook Pro up to create "doggy cams" in a couple strategic places in our home.

Worth checking out if your interested in knowing whats going on in your home while your gone!

Streams great to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, you can set it up to send you a push notification when motion activates your webcam, very smooth, no lag, awesome app!

Check it out!!

How do you connect the cameras in your security system?
    03-28-2011 07:49 PM
    It does look pretty cool... my first thought was as a security camera in the event of a break-in... but I think the iPad would be one of the first items to go!
    LOL I did think this same thing, at least it would alert you to someone in your house and you can call 911..you can also take screen shots on your iPhone of the thief, which is an awesome thing!! As long as you have the push notifications set to on..

Home Security - There's an App for that - CNN Video
    Last edited by CalifJewls; 03-29-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    03-28-2011 10:07 PM
    How do you connect the cameras in your security system?
    I am using my built in cameras in my iMac and MacBook Pro but you can use web cams also, I'm thinking of adding a wireless web cam...you can add several...
    03-28-2011 10:11 PM
    So tonight was the first time I actually left the house, and set up the "doggy cam", I wasn't even out of the driveway and our two chihuahua's were into the garbage pulling out paper towels, it was hilarious, all along we thought it was only our male chihuahua tearing up the paper towels, well he did drag one out and then the female came along and shredded them...I couldn't stop laughing...CAUGHT on camera!!! hahahahaa
    03-29-2011 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD