Apps that need iPad versions

reputationZed

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone knownof a good quote book app? I like taking quotes from my friendsnand using them in my writing. I need a pretty ui and a tagging system. Any recommendations would be great.

Simplenote. UI is more clean and simple than it is pretty. Tagging systems pretty good.

m13

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Any app that you use in your iPad should have an iPad version. That is because you cannot find a good enough alternative to use in iPad.
Facebook and twitter clients have plenty of alternatives. The question is would you rather use a different iPad specific app or stick with iPhone version.
Talkatone, DVR Remote, GV Mobile + are sitting in my dock. Viber is also on my front page. WhatsApp is somewhere else. I pretty much avoid running anything non-native on the iPad otherwise.

m13

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Skype is a special case for me. After running on iPhone for a while, I ended up deleting it completely because it drains my battery running in the background. While it is unique and valuable, it is not that important to me that I worry about losing battery power 24/7. So the current incarnation of Skype is not deserving on either the iPhone or iPad.

Blodtryck

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I do hope that those "next few weeks" will be soon and the iPad App of Facebook will actually be released. I really can't be bothered to open an iPhone app on my iPad and I don't like the alternative apps very much (also I don't wanna pay for an app to access Facebook)