Which ones do you use? Are they on multiple platforms (ie. Android or BlackBerry)? Is there a desktop or site (online) where you can add/delete/edit/sync your list?

I've had Grocery IQ, but I've never taken the time to use it. Anyone have it? Do you like it? I chose Grocery IQ because there's an app for Android.
    Last edited by Duvi; 03-22-2011 at 04:21 AM.
    03-22-2011 04:13 AM
    I use ShopShop. My dh has it also. We can both keep lists and then combine. Works for us.
    03-22-2011 07:08 AM
    We use groceryIQ, and love it. My wife can use the web version and update the list and it pushes to me my phone. It is nice because if there is a last minute addition she can make the change and I get it right away.
    Alli likes this.
    03-22-2011 07:54 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    03-23-2011 01:31 AM
    Love Grocery Gadget Full Version, they have a lite (but you can only share 1 list, in lite), we prefer to organize ours lists by stores, Costco, Luckys, Whole Foods, etc...it also keeps all our lists synced using wifi or 3G at all times..we mainly enter products using the scanner or manually on our iPhone as were shopping.
    03-23-2011 03:00 AM
    Thanks for the responses all! I'll probably check each of them out in addition to Grocery IQ.
    03-23-2011 03:59 AM
    Hi,

I use Grocery IQ also, works very well for my needs.

There is one called ShopMate that I have tried and is not bad, just Grocery IQ works for me better.

David
    03-23-2011 04:35 PM
    i use grocery gadget as well... the paid version. there's a website to manage lists if you want and it's cross platform. use it with my wife who has a droid x
    03-24-2011 09:28 AM
    i use grocery gadget as well... the paid version. there's a website to manage lists if you want and it's cross platform. use it with my wife who has a droid x
    i like cross-platform apps, especially since i use so many devices. i like being able to pick up one phone and have the same info i just put using another phone.
    03-24-2011 04:45 PM
    From the school of 'go hard or go home', I suggest that your grocery shopping should align with your meal planning. Decide what you are eating for the week then buy accordingly.

Plan using online recipes or use your own. Check out an app called Chef.

In a pinch, there are a couple of 'recipes' in Chef that just list handy things for your pantry.

(believe me, I have been down this path)

Now, if frozen dinners is more your thing? Try GeeTasks

(hey, we can't ALL be meal planners :-)
    03-24-2011 06:16 PM
    Thanks bamf-hacker for the Grocery IQ suggestion. Exactly what I've been looking for! Although, I did go a little overboard last night, scanning everything in the house just because I could.

No more phone calls "I'm stopping at WalMart, do we need anything?" WIN!
    03-24-2011 08:07 PM
    I made a todo list once called Dunnit that was quite useful as a grocery list app. You could try Jamie Oliver's Recipes app. That's got a great shopping list feature.
    03-26-2011 07:44 PM
    I made a todo list once called Dunnit that was quite useful as a grocery list app. You could try Jamie Oliver's Recipes app. That's got a great shopping list feature.
    We do half of our cooking out of a particular Jamie Oliver book. However his app doesn't cover this book :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-26-2011 08:32 PM
    i like cross-platform apps, especially since i use so many devices. i like being able to pick up one phone and have the same info i just put using another phone.
    Have you considered using Evernote?
    03-28-2011 12:46 AM
    Have you considered using Evernote?
    yeah... use it. not ideal for creating and sharing grocery lists...

lots of features like barcode scanner in grocery lists.
    03-28-2011 06:36 AM
    omg - I love the barcode scanner feature in Grocery IQ! I went crazy when I first installed it, and scanned everything in the house (I wasn't even in my own house at the time!). I had something like 37 items in my grocery list when I was done. :\
    03-28-2011 06:53 AM
    So i installed grocery iq on my iphone and did the whole invite to my husband (actually installed it on his droid for him) and noticed the one item I had put on there was on his too but when I added something to mine it didnt show on his- is there a refresh button i am missing?
    03-28-2011 07:44 PM
    Yeah, I too love the barcode scanning... Grocery iQ takes the pain out of creating a shopping list. One main thing, that immediately pulled me to this app was the ability to create your list by simply scanning the barcodes of the items that you need to buy. This is one of those few apps that I really can't find anything wrong with.
    03-29-2011 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD