Hi all I am not sure how useful (or practical) this tip is but I enjoyed using GarageBand and this trick I found for any musicians out there that play the Guitar. So having used the StealthPlug with Amplitube on the pc and Mac I have had this hardware lying around for awhile. Now although there is a new stealthplug for Iphone and Ipad that uses apples connector, the stealthplug that I own is a USB plug. So this is where the trick comes in. I thought since I have apples camera kit, which does have a usb port that I would try to connect my stealth plug directly in. Well no go... I recieved the dreaded " your accessory needs more power" message. Well no problem I sorted it out with the help of a few little accessories!!! Here is what you need!

1. Stealth plug

IMG_1021 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2. USB Power Cord (usually comes with Hd enclosures for notebook drives)

IMG_1024 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

3. Apple charging plug, or USB port on your laptop or computer.

IMG_1023 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Apple camera USB dongle

Just plug your USB Dongle into your Ipad, the stealth Plug into The USB power cord(female end).

Plug the Thick Cord from the USB power cord into the Ipad dongle and the thin end into either your Apple charger or your PC/laptop and viola you have a working Guitar rig for garageband for the Ipad.

Now I have no idea if the Ipad 2 will have more power output for USB but I guess we will see. I am sure this could work for other low power devices it is just not practical for portability. Anyway I hope someone finds this useful, I sure had fun with it.

Here is a pic of the setup in case you need a visual.

IMG_1028 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You can also find all the pictures here

GaragBand for Ipad Stealthplug trick! : ONECLICKTECH

Have fun!
    Last edited by Gemmini; 03-11-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Pictures not showing up
    03-10-2011 10:25 PM
    nice job....I am looking at getting the plug for garageband....any ideas which one is better?
    Last edited by miabs1; 03-11-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-11-2011 04:22 PM
    nice job....I am looking at getting the plug for garageband....any ideas which one is better?
    Hey thanks!! If you do not have one yet, I would go with Irig from IK Media it is quite nice and easy plus portablr. I just had the original stealth plug hanging around and thought I would try it out!

Here is the link with info for you!! Good luck

AmpliTube iRig
    03-11-2011 09:30 PM
    Sorry and to be fair for a little more money there is this new rig that uses the 30 pin connector

JAM by Apogee Brings Studio Quality Guitar Input to iPad, iPhone and Mac
    03-11-2011 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD