Hi I'm new here, this is my first day with an iphone

i switched from a blackberry and in their native app you could send any tweets to your friends via text messages, it would just open up the conversation with the tweet and you would send it.

Does this exist on the iphone? so far i only see the ability to email tweets to others which is useless to me.

I've tried twitter, echofon and twitterific so far
    02-27-2011 04:40 PM
    You can (at least you used to be able to) set up your Twitter account on the web to forward all tweets to your cell number, so that you received and then replied to a short code for Twitter.

If you're using a Twitter client, there's no need for this.
    02-27-2011 06:26 PM
    You can (at least you used to be able to) set up your Twitter account on the web to forward all tweets to your cell number, so that you received and then replied to a short code for Twitter.

If you're using a Twitter client, there's no need for this.
    I think he (or she) means that he wants to be able to share a tweet via SMS. Most Twitter clients allow you to e-mail a tweet to a friend, but in my experience I haven't come across any so far that allow sharing via SMS.
    02-27-2011 07:31 PM
    I think he (or she) means that he wants to be able to share a tweet via SMS. Most Twitter clients allow you to e-mail a tweet to a friend, but in my experience I haven't come across any so far that allow sharing via SMS.
    yeah exactly, so i can send it to people without twitter without having to re-type the whole thing.

I definitely took it for granted in the blackberry app
    02-27-2011 08:05 PM
    on a side note...does anyone know how to make the official twitter show a notification for a timeline update?

I don't tweet very much but I use twitter to read the tweets of other people so thats why this is handy for me. It would save my having to blindly check each time to see if a new tweet has been done
    02-28-2011 01:35 AM
    yeah exactly, so i can send it to people without twitter without having to re-type the whole thing.

I definitely took it for granted in the blackberry app
    If you select the icon with the box & right pointing arrow in the official Twitter app you can choose "Quote Tweet" then in the compose window select all, copy & paste into an SMS. A lot of work but just an option for you.

X

Sent from my brain to my fingers via Tapatalk
    02-28-2011 02:29 AM
    thanks thats a really good idea...

anyone have any info about the timeline update?

i dont want a push notification for every update, just something that i can look at my screen and see that there is new tweets without having to open the app?
    03-01-2011 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD