Password Keeper

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of a safe/protected password app? On my previous bb, there was an app built into the phone called "Password Keeper" It was password protected and felt safe using.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking into something like this myself. I think I am going to go with 1Password Pro. Now I'm on the fence after looking at that Datavault password manager. Might go with that since I already use mobileme, since 1Password uses DropBox and I don't have a dropbox account. (i know its free, but one less username and password)

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I use password wallet because I can sync it wirelessly with all three of my devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch)

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of a safe/protected password app? On my previous bb, there was an app built into the phone called "Password Keeper" It was password protected and felt safe using.

I too came from years of using "password keeper" on my previous Blackberries. I obsessively researched for a good password app to fit my needs. One thing I did NOT want was for all of my passwords to sit on a remote server . . (still kinda "old school" about this). I wanted all of my passwords to sit on my iPhone and backed up to my computer.

After lots and lots of research and reading reviews, I decided on: "mSecure". I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY with this product. I also purchased the computer desktop program and it syncs/backs-up my passwords easily and flawlessly.

I know there are lots of password apps available. This is the only "password app" I've ever used on my iPhone, so I have nothing else to compare it to, but coming from using "password keeper" on my Blackberry, I am very happy I chose mSecure. I bet you'll like it also.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No offense but you really should note that you work there when you drop this kind of plug.

True, but also keep in mind I went to work there because I liked the product. If you check how long I've been recommending the product, it goes back well over a year, and I've only been with the company a few months.

Last edited:

Ascendo#IM

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
DataVault can beat the features of any of the other password managers mentioned, and offers the desktop companion for a far less expensive total cost of ownership.

If you are interested in taking "the DataVault challenge," pm me. You could switch for less and be twice as happy.

And don't forget our Mac beta is still open if you have a Mac and want to see the future.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
DataVault can beat the features of any of the other password managers mentioned, and offers the desktop companion for a far less expensive total cost of ownership.

If you are interested in taking "the DataVault challenge," pm me. You could switch for less and be twice as happy.

And don't forget our Mac beta is still open if you have a Mac and want to see the future.

Does it sync with no extra fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ascendo#IM

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
No extra fees. You pay a one time price to purchase the iPhone app ($9.99). The desktop companion - either Mac or Windows - is currently on sale on our site for $9.95.

You can sync direct through USB using iTunes, or you can sync over WiFi to the desktop, or you can sync through a number of webdav servers including boxnet and MobileMe. (Dropbox support is coming in a future build.)

jbonnot03

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I use SplashID. I had the BB version on my desktop and used it on the desktop and Password Keeper on the BB. I know, double work, but I liked to tinker with the OS on my BB and it was a PITA trying to resync my Splash data, so I quit using it on my BB. I purchased the iphone app and Splash changed my version from the BB desktop version to the iphone desktop version for free.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've actually been looking for a password manager that's on multiple platforms. I've been using a BlackBerry and iPhone, exclusively, so I made the switch to DataVault. Soon it'll be on Android and I'll definitely be an even happier camper. It's easy to navigate and not too difficult to figure out. This is important as I'll probably get this for my mother to use... she's always using notepads in AOL, which I need her to get out of the habit of doing.

Two thumbs up for DV.

Reactions: Ascendo#IM

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend Roboform. Althought you have to pay a yearly subscription it is very secure and you can sync it across all of your computers and iphone!

Ascendo#IM

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
My mother was putting her secure information in a Word document. Heaven help us.

Glad you're liking the switch, and we're all looking forward to the Android version.

Meanwhile, the Mac version should be hitting the Mac App store soon. :)

I've actually been looking for a password manager that's on multiple platforms. I've been using a BlackBerry and iPhone, exclusively, so I made the switch to DataVault. Soon it'll be on Android and I'll definitely be an even happier camper. It's easy to navigate and not too difficult to figure out. This is important as I'll probably get this for my mother to use... she's always using notepads in AOL, which I need her to get out of the habit of doing.

Two thumbs up for DV.