SocialScope?

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am a soon to be iPhone convert (on Verizon switching from a BB Curve). Love everything I am reading about the iPhone. I am curious about a particular app I currently have on my BB. With my SocialScope app I am able to post to Twitter & Facebook simultaneously as well as read updates from both services on a combined timeline (or separately). Is SocialScope available on iPhone yet? Is there a comparable app that someone could recommend?

Thanks

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
There are several apps that allow you to post/read both Twitter and FB in the same app. One I like is HelloTxt. Haven't heard of SocialScope.

Reactions: CKisses

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll look into that one. From what I'm gathering SocialScope may only be available on BB. I saw where one poster on Tipb said it was in Beta for the iPhone (that was a few months ago) but haven't seen any other info or updates.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll look into that one. From what I'm gathering SocialScope may only be available on BB. I saw where one poster on Tipb said it was in Beta for the iPhone (that was a few months ago) but haven't seen any other info or updates.

If you've used SocialScope on the BB platform then you know how they roll - very slowly. Their beta for iPhone was announced a while back, and to date, I have not seen anyone post or comment that they have the actually seen the app for their phones.

That said, there are a number of good twitter apps for the iPhone platform... I use Osfoora, personally, but there are many to choose from.

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you've used SocialScope on the BB platform then you know how they roll - very slowly. Their beta for iPhone was announced a while back, and to date, I have not seen anyone post or comment that they have the actually seen the app for their phones.

That said, there are a number of good twitter apps for the iPhone platform... I use Osfoora, personally, but there are many to choose from.

yep HankAZ....they are super slow. But when I finally got my invite a year or so ago....it was the best thing going for a twitter/FB app. Never had a need to look elsewhere. Hopefully they'll show some love to the iPhone soon.....Thanks for the suggestion!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Seesmic for iPhone will allow you to post to Facebook and Twitter at the same time. You can even use it to track certain lists, friend's tweets, etc. It's very clean and easy to use. Also, it's free.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I found socialScope pretty neat when i was on BB but now that I'm on iphone i don' really seem to care that i have to go into both apps. and i don't use twitter very often so I'm ok with that.

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when I first signed up for SS there was no official Twitter app & when they did create one it wasn't very good. Then SS added FB feeds.....so I guess I'm just spoiled now...lol. I'm sure iPhone has just as good of an alternative.....

07outback

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I am also switching from a BlackBerry to the iPhone; and have been using SocialScope for a year now. It is a great app as it allows me to tweet/Facebook/and use Foursquare all from one app. Is there an app that allows the use of these 3 social media applications in one app for the iPhone as I like the convenience of one app to view all of the post and to place posts?

All suggestions are truly appreciated.

Thank you

akingtrey

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I received my "beta" socialscope invite about 6 months after moving back to iOS, since then I kept the Facebook app and use twittalator for posting to twitter and Facebook on the fly. Twittalator is great IMO bit does lighten your wallet by about $5

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used social scope when I was with blackberry, but the twitter and Facebook apps are so much more awesome on iPhone/iPad then on any other mobile platform. In my opinion.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For me it's about ease of use. If I want to post something to both Twitter and FB, I can do it in one app. SocialScope is the best Twitter-FaceBook app out there! (IMO) But since going to iPhone nothing compares.
BUT... rumors are saying that Tweetdeck is coming out with a new app that is just like SS if not better for iPhone. I am looking forward to that since SS isn't doing anything.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
For me it's about ease of use. If I want to post something to both Twitter and FB, I can do it in one app. SocialScope is the best Twitter-FaceBook app out there! (IMO) But since going to iPhone nothing compares.
BUT... rumors are saying that Tweetdeck is coming out with a new app that is just like SS if not better for iPhone. I am looking forward to that since SS isn't doing anything.

that's what I loved about SocialScope too.. be interested to see what Tweetdeck has to offer...

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried using Tweetdeck and I'm not a fan. Most of the time I get an error message when it tries to pull my FB timeline. I have to delete my FB acct & re-add it to get it to work.

I have been using Seesmic when I want to do simultaneous postings. If I'm just checking my timeline, I just go thru the native Twitter & FB iPhone apps separately. They are pretty good themselves...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2