LiveProfile - New Cross-Platform Messenger - Share your PIN here!

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're using it to replace sms/mms, the other person has your phone number. If you're using it to replace the anonymity of yahoo messenger...why not just use yahoo on your phone.

It seems a lot of people like BBM not for the fact that it replaces sms, but because it offers anonymous chat.

Yeah... no.

It's really frustrating when people who've never used a Blackberry try to make BBM out to be less than it is. No, it's not to replace texting just because it can - it replaces texting because it's infinitely better. It's also not just for anonymity... thanks for assuming that, though. I don't know a SINGLE person who used BBM to hook up with people. It's not automatically the absolute worst thing ever just because SOME people choose to use it that way. Sorry, but this mentality really makes my blood boil...

BBM sends messages faster than texting. BBM has sent, received, and read receipts, which are very, very handy. If you need to get information to someone in a time-dependent manner, and calling isn't an option (say in a meeting) then knowing whether or not they read what you sent can be very important. You can easily send messages over 160 chars. There are smileys. Especially for CDMA users, you can send all of those characters you can't send in a text message (like the little umbrella or whatever) through BBM no problem. The best part? You never get logged off. BBM is ALWAYS on. This is ESPECIALLY important if you (like me) used BBM to communicate with people around the world. Getting logged off means the communication stops. Reliability is key, and BBM wins hands down. Sorry for the rant, but while I hated my BB, I absolutely adored BBM and I hate to see people misunderstand or slander it who've never tried it. It really is the bee's knees.

LiveProfile is definitely the closest to BBM... I've gotten all of my Blackberry peeps on it and I've dumped WhatsApp and Ping!Chat off my device. Who needs them when LiveProfile blows them out of the water? I was never big on group chat, so it's no biggie for me. I just LOVE this app!

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... no.

It's really frustrating when people who've never used a Blackberry try to make BBM out to be less than it is. No, it's not to replace texting just because it can - it replaces texting because it's infinitely better. It's also not just for anonymity... thanks for assuming that, though. I don't know a SINGLE person who used BBM to hook up with people. It's not automatically the absolute worst thing ever just because SOME people choose to use it that way. Sorry, but this mentality really makes my blood boil...

BBM sends messages faster than texting. BBM has sent, received, and read receipts, which are very, very handy. If you need to get information to someone in a time-dependent manner, and calling isn't an option (say in a meeting) then knowing whether or not they read what you sent can be very important. You can easily send messages over 160 chars. There are smileys. Especially for CDMA users, you can send all of those characters you can't send in a text message (like the little umbrella or whatever) through BBM no problem. The best part? You never get logged off. BBM is ALWAYS on. This is ESPECIALLY important if you (like me) used BBM to communicate with people around the world. Getting logged off means the communication stops. Reliability is key, and BBM wins hands down. Sorry for the rant, but while I hated my BB, I absolutely adored BBM and I hate to see people misunderstand or slander it who've never tried it. It really is the bee's knees.

LiveProfile is definitely the closest to BBM... I've gotten all of my Blackberry peeps on it and I've dumped WhatsApp and Ping!Chat off my device. Who needs them when LiveProfile blows them out of the water? I was never big on group chat, so it's no biggie for me. I just LOVE this app!

Touch?! That sums it up pretty darn well.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Still not liking Live Profile as much as WhatsApp. I get push notification of a message, but then when I go to the app, the message doesn't show up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW