LiveProfile - New Cross-Platform Messenger - Share your PIN here!

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a blackberry I can't get used to Whatsapp and it not letting you know your contact has read the message or not.

Liveprofile does. It's come a long way in the last 2 weeks. Give it another month or 2 and I'm sure it'll be perfect with all the features we need.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Still not liking Live Profile as much as WhatsApp. I get push notification of a message, but then when I go to the app, the message doesn't show up.

I agree (though I don't use WhatsApp). I had this happen all the time when I had Live Profile. Messages also were delayed in sending/receiving. Anyone else have this issue? I'm hesitant to go back to using it because it was so unreliable. :(

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a blackberry I can't get used to Whatsapp and it not letting you know your contact has read the message or not.

Liveprofile does. It's come a long way in the last 2 weeks. Give it another month or 2 and I'm sure it'll be perfect with all the features we need.

It does let you know. The double check marks means it's been read.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I can't trust that the other party has actually read the message or it only says they have. I finally got my message from yesterday that I had actually read when it was pushed, but never showed up in the actual message screen.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have noticed a lot of people with BBM refuse to try anything different

The problem is that we keep asking them to try something different. Kik which doesn't really work with blackberry anymore then what app now live profile. My friends are getting tired of installing new apps all the time.

soulfetcher13

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Its a shame really. bbm is probably the best messenger out there and will always be. the news that it would be available excites me but also baffles me at the same time. That said, when and if it does come i will certainly install it. Even if only half of the functionality is there it will certainly be the app to beat when it comes to a functional messenger. Except for those times when bis is down lol

brokenartist

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This is very true and I agree. I would install it pay for it whatever. I believe that there should be some kind of messenger in some sense that goes across all platforms using one simple kind of PIN. I have friends on BBM, LP, Kik, Pingchat etc. Gets kind of annoying

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Still not liking Live Profile as much as WhatsApp. I get push notification of a message, but then when I go to the app, the message doesn't show up.

I see this too. There's like a lag, the push notification comes in, then I open up the app, and there's no new message. Then about five seconds later, the new message shows up. It's like the app has to check for new message whenever you open it. It's not instant.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I see this too. There's like a lag, the push notification comes in, then I open up the app, and there's no new message. Then about five seconds later, the new message shows up. It's like the app has to check for new message whenever you open it. It's not instant.

Yeah, this is one of only two things about LiveProfile that drives me nuts lol. I would rather my alert come a bit late so that when I click Reply and I go to the app the information is there and ready to go.

That, and the alert noise is not loud enough. My family has it on their BlackBerries and they literally cannot hear it AT ALL. We've kind of stopped using it because they can't hear when I send them something :(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Is it better than skype?
---
Earn money testing iPhone apps
workhub.com/appiration

Skype is light years better - but in a totally different category.

Meanwhile, I stand by my original comments on this app. With strangers just tossing out their id saying "add me" it's giving you all a bad rep.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR