am i the only one who rolls naked??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
All naked, all the time. I have faith in the strength of the glass and it has held up amazingly. Many drops and not a single scratch.

jello, how high up was your phone when you dropped it and what type of surface did it land on?

just curious..

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hmmm. Rely heavily upon velcro. My 3GS was naked except for a little piece of Velcro. Velcro will not stick to iPhone 4. Therefore, I have a Luv case to hold the Velcro on. Velcro sticks to my iPad with no assist.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Yuck. I can't imagine having my phone NOT in a case. The scratches, the chips, ugh. I'd be a nervous wreck. Love my OtterBox Defender. It's been around the phone since day one.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yuck. I can't imagine having my phone NOT in a case. The scratches, the chips, ugh. I'd be a nervous wreck. Love my OtterBox Defender. It's been around the phone since day one.
Just not that fragile. Still, after literally destroying one at 12, my 14 year old nephew would not take his second one out of the box until we had driven all the way across Long Island to get a case.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I don't care about resale value at all. I just give my phone away when I buy the latest greatest model. But, back on topic, I have a vaja case on my iP4. These cases are as beautiful as the iPhone IMO. This phone is just too slippery without a case

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I don't care about resale value at all. I just give my phone away when I buy the latest greatest model. But, back on topic, I have a vaja case on my iP4. These cases are as beautiful as the iPhone IMO. This phone is just too slippery without a case
I am with you on the first but think that "smooth" is beautiful.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Misleading thread title!! :( :(

I was expecting a totally different discussion. :mad:
OP, you suck!
Jokes!
One of the first apps I dnldd when I got my 3GS a year ago was a lightsaber app.
Watching my then 5 year old waving my phone wildly around the house, I had NO regrets about buying a case for it. ;(
What kind of case?
Some ten dollar thing they had at the Telus store where I got my phone.
It's not pretty or fancy because that isn't important to me. It's extremely grippy.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I was expecting a totally different discussion. :mad:
OP, you suck!
Jokes!
One of the first apps I dnldd when I got my 3GS a year ago was a lightsaber app.
Watching my then 5 year old waving my phone wildly around the house, I had NO regrets about buying a case for it. ;(
What kind of case?
Some ten dollar thing they had at the Telus store where I got my phone.
It's not pretty or fancy because that isn't important to me. It's extremely grippy.
I am glad my nephews never found that app.

I never cease to be amazed at the number of choices of cases that are offered or the price that they command. Lots of people are profiting from the success of the iPhone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Cases are kind of stupid for phones. JMO though. Especially funny are those who wrap em in plastic then throw a case on. You then have a redesigned plastic looking phone that can't fit accessories. Not to mention the decrease in performance having a capacitive screen.

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm rollin naked...

I'm rollin naked too finally after my upgrade Oct, '10/ip4. About a week ago I just applied a Wrapsol full body armor and 'LOVE'n IT'. I'm like 1-2 others that have stated, "barely ever drop my iphone." Guess, I'm pretty particular about my things. LOL

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just not that fragile. Still, after literally destroying one at 12, my 14 year old nephew would not take his second one out of the box until we had driven all the way across Long Island to get a case.

you really have to appreciate it when the younger generation learns the value of keeping something nice, glad to hear it

my son, who is 11, is very neurotic about his iPT4, or any piece of electronics he owns or has owned

i'm afraid he might be turning into a little hacker already. every iPT he has owned so far has to be jailbroken so he can put his favorite tweaks/themes on it. he says they're boring otherwise. he knows his way around Cydia and Winterboard very well. he also understands the meaning of a "tethered jailbreak", something a lot of grown adults do not :D

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
that's like my buddy showed me photo of his niece on the stairs where she lives on her i4 and her MacBook Pro... ummm she's 9 ! LOL wow.. wish i could be 9 again lol

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I would like to "roll naked," but I'm too paranoid about drops, spills, etc. I've been using the OB Defender case, and it is much bulkier than I would like, but I also rest a little easier knowing that my phone is about as protected as it can get. I also have one of the iSkin cases, but the power button using that case seems very difficult to actually press. Maybe I'll get some bumper-like case someday for when I'm at home, etc., but for now the Defender works without too much hassle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73