App name: AutoSleep Music Timer

Short description
    A revolutionary application that monitors your sleep and automatically turns off your music when you fall asleep.

Long description
    This unique application on the AppStore, helps you listen to the music you love when going to bed, without worrying about turning it off. Just let yourself fall asleep and "Autosleep Music Timer" will turn off the music for you.

Autosleep Music Timer renders all conventional -time based- timers useless. There is no need to set a specific playback duration. Autosleep Music Timer will know when to turn it off!

Autosleep Music Timer uses advanced signal processing algorithms to detect your sleep phase based on subtle vibrations detected on your iPhone's accelerometer sensor. When it detects that you are in deep sleep, it turns off the music playing application, and puts the iPhone in low power consumption mode.

In the morning Autosleep Music Timer will inform you about the duration of the music played the last night.

Autosleep Music Timer works with any music playing application that supports background playing, whether that is playing your local music or streaming audio from the internet. (warning: on the iPhone 3G you can only use the iPod application since there is no support for multitasking)

Language Localization: The application is available in English, Greek an Spanish

The app is on sale until new year's eve at $0.99 (66% off the standard price)
    Get it here: AutoSleep Music Timer : iPhone Application
    12-30-2010 05:23 AM
    is there anyway that it can be used as an alarm that plays selected music?
    12-30-2010 11:37 AM
    That would be cool, if it really worked. I always listen to Andrew Johnson when I fall asleep. I set it to run two or three hours. I know I wake up sometimes and it is still playing, and sometimes it is done.
    12-30-2010 07:12 PM
    @AppsAsia : The purpose of the app is to detect when you are asleep and turn off the music. You can still use the alarm of the phone for waking up!

@Nanci : The app works! It was created out of that exact needs you describe.
    1) To save battery by running only for the time you are awake.
    2) Since you don't know how much time it will take to fall asleep, you must not have to speculate or set a huge duration -like 2-3 hours- by hand.
    2) Not to be waken up by the same music you used to get to sleep in the first place, in the case you sleep quickly!
    12-31-2010 07:43 AM
    I'll try it and report back!
    12-31-2010 07:56 AM
    I'll try it and report back!
    Looking forward for your comments and opinions! Your feedback will be invaluable in making this an even greater app!

We also already have an update in the works that improves the overal sensitivity on old 3G phones to that of iphone 4. We will be releasing as soon as possible!
    12-31-2010 08:03 AM
    I'm sure my bed is not ideal- being a waterbed, with a 4" Tempurpedic topper, with a 4" down featherbed, but...I put the iPhone face down, under a pillow. This morning it says it shut the Andrew Johnson Deep Sleep app off after 16 minutes. I never heard it stop! But my battery was still 40-something percent. So I'm not sure if it really went to low power consumption. I'll try again tonight!
    01-01-2011 08:46 AM
    Hello Nancy,

first of all happy new year! For the app now. AutoSleep can't force an other app to suspend totaly. iOS only allows it to "intruct" the music playing app to stop playing. Most sound playing apps (since that is all they do) when instucted to stop playing, they suspend totaly. I would suggest to check when placing the phone on the matress that autosleep switches off the screen. This happens as soon as the screen is close to the surface of the matress. And two, in the morning switch back to the music playing app and see if it is at "full stop" and not doing something else. If all that are ok, then there is no reason for the phone to consume power after you are asleep and it stoped playing music.

Also make sure that you have the phone in flight mode (with that kind of placement) because it might be strugling to get signal and that is not good neither for you nor the battery. The suggested placement is next to your pillow and under the sheet.

Please keep us informed of your next experinces...
    01-01-2011 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD