New App: Downcast - A full featured podcatcher for iOS devices!

ptackbar

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes. Downcast is a complete podcatcher for iOS devices with the following features:

- Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
- Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
- Play audio in the background (multitasking)
- Control audio with Bluetooth or other headphone remote controls
- Create and edit "smart" playlists
- View podcast details and episode show notes
- Auto-update podcasts
- Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
- Download podcasts in the background (multitasking)
- Browse and download older podcast episodes
- Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
- View embedded images in podcast episodes
- Backup and import podcast feeds via OMPL
- Support for password-protected feeds

Check out Downcast on the App Store: Downcast for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Official site: Downcast

I have 10 promo codes to give out. Please email support@downcastapp.com with "TiPb" in the subject to receive one.

Last edited:

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd PM you, but my post count is too low. :-( Should I repeat this five times? ;-) Oh well. I'm still going to go look at it in the app store! I _live_ for podcasts!!

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Despite being too dumb to figure out how to use a promo code (never did that before) I am now the proud owner of Downcast. It's a pretty, clean app that easily found my four test podcasts, listed episodes available for download, proceeded to quickly download the podcasts I selected, and played them as asked. I like it a lot at first glance, and it's well worth the 99 cents.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Like Nanci said, my first impressions of Downcast are very good. It's very nice to be able to download your podcasts of choice (at will or wifi only) without having to sync via iTunes. I also like the ability to be able to re-start a podcast from where I left off (for those particularly long ones you can't digest in one sitting). And the developer appears to be on the ball, updating the app a couple of times already (including a much nicer app icon) since it's release. Good show.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2