I use IM+ pro - love it on my iphone and ipas...
    12-31-2010 10:57 AM
    I switch back and forth between IM+ and BeeJive.
    12-31-2010 11:05 AM
    There's an official Windows Live Messenger app. Use it absolutely all the time. =]
    Can u send a receive pics on the official one? I used it but couldn't find it! Lol *facepalm*
    12-31-2010 11:12 AM
    Meebo's really nice, and free. It supports all the major protocols.
    12-31-2010 11:43 AM
    I have tried most, if not all and I always thought the UI on BeeJive was enough for me to always pick it over the other clients.

Everything else is just icing on the cake. It works well and the push notifications are on point.
    12-31-2010 12:19 PM
    My favourite currently is IM+ (don't like how it has "Pro" in the name now but whatever) but I try to look around at others, thanks for the lifehacker link btw
    It mostly comes down to UI for me, I looked at Beejive briefly but didn't like the semi-transparent textbox shown in screenshot, I tried Palringo much earlier on but I don't like how I had to have a Palringo account to use it
    12-31-2010 01:06 PM
    I haven't been using it very long, but WhatsApp is very easy to use, threaded conversations, easy to add photos, and it saves an awful lot of SMS costs...

I look forward to it being available in as good functioning state on other platforms so I can add new users to my list, but on iPhone 4 its excellent
    12-31-2010 01:14 PM
    I've given up trying to find a decent chat application for iPhone for two years now. Every single one seems to be bitten by some kind of bug that makes it unusable. Whether its connection errors, bad push notification systems, terrible interfaces or just plain being to expensive (here's looking at you beejive) I've yet to try a chat app that I enjoy. As such ive given up. Until Apple develops a native chat application I won't be using my phone to im. Texting and calling for me thanks.
    12-31-2010 02:32 PM
    Am using Windows Live Messenger for iPhone by Microsoft
    01-02-2011 02:45 AM
    My favorite IM: IgniteIM, best app for an iPhone.
    01-02-2011 10:52 PM
    How does everyone use their IM apps? Im assuming you leave them running in the background. How does that affect battery life?
    Meebo covers this. If your computer screen saver is on, it knows you are afl and pushes to your phone (pops up like a text message). And No multi tasking required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-03-2011 12:20 AM
    how do I unsubscribe from Tipb, I can't seem to get the hang of it. I wanted to talk to my friends and family on bbm so I locked up this app but i'm seeing how to chat to them on bbm via iPhone so I would just like to cancell the app
    01-03-2011 06:08 AM
    @Ishatay, TiPb is not an app. If you want to unsubscribe from this thread, just go to the top of the page and click "Thread Tools" and unsubscribe.
    01-03-2011 06:31 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD