OK so this hit the App Store today and I've been playing with it for a half hour and have to say I'm impressed. The video quality is fantastic. I'm at work and I compared the picture on my PC on the wired LAN connecting remotely to my home DVR to the iPad connecting via our "guest" public wifi network (much less bandwidth than the wired LAN) and the iPad picture blows away the desktop PC. You can also manually switch to a "SD quality" picture (which looks a lot more like the desktop PC video) which does help some with frame rates on fast action/sports shows.

The controls are similar to the Android SlingPlayer app I have on my Evo4G. The guide works well and its really easy to setup your favorites (even with 1000 channels on Directv).

Hard to swallow the $30 charge when I had to pay that for the Evo version as well, but this was the last app I was "missing" on my iPad to completely replace a laptop when travelling, so for me its worth it.
    11-24-2010 02:18 PM
    Thanks for sharing the useful information with all.That helped me a lot, it was all very specific.You have done an great job.Such an informative and well formed post!Thanks again for sharing that, it was wonderful of you.

12-08-2010 06:11 AM
    What is sling?
    12-09-2010 01:17 PM
    What is sling?
    It basically lets you watch tv over the internet .... so you can be on the otherside of the country and be watching tv as long as you have an internet connection.
    12-11-2010 07:05 PM
    I bought a sling box but when I tried setting it up I couldn't get the sound to work. I'm with Dish Network so I talked to several people and they finally told me it was because I have my sound going thru a home theatre system. Anyone have one setup like that?
    12-12-2010 11:15 PM
    Has anyone compared this to Orb? If you have a TV card on your PC I think you can stream to your iPad.

I no longer have a PC with a TV card, but it used to work just fine. And better than spending money on a slingbox and the pricey slingbox app.
    12-14-2010 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD