View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite iPhone navigation app!

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T Navigator/TeleNav

15 8.88%
  • MotionX GPS Drive

11 6.51%
  • NAVIGON MobileNavigator

76 44.97%
  • TomTom

44 26.04%
  • Waze

14 8.28%
  • Other (see thread)

9 5.33%
    CoPilot Live works great for me and is probably the best bargain in the bunch.
    11-02-2010 07:21 AM
    MapQuest is **FREE**, and provides spoken turn-by-turn directions with street names spoken via accurate Text-to-Speech.

Used it the yesterday when I didn't have my Garmin with me but wanted turn-by-turn directions on a two hour trip somewhere I've never been, and it worked great.

Gives you two humorous warnings prior to each turn at highway speed -- a "Prepare to turn ..." followed by a "Get ready to turn ..." -- but accurately tracked my location and gave all advisories on time. I verified that it also used the same routing as the Google Maps app for this trip.

Only downside is, of course, the required data connection (I am unaware if it cache's the planned route) but the upside is huge: FREE TURN BY TURN, TEXT-TO-SPEECH SPOKEN DIRECTIONS.
    11-02-2010 11:39 AM
    CoPilot North America
    11-04-2010 01:44 PM
    I am a converted Sprint/Palm Pre user and was disappointed that ATT did not provide a nav app like Sprint and since there is no longer an UNLIMITED DATA PLAN AVAILABLE (just venting) I did some serious investigation into the stand alone apps and after reading reviews discovered that Navigon was the app that most appealed to me..then it went on sale several weekends ago and I jumped at it. I really enjoy the functionality of the app as well as it's accuracy and speed with which it re-directs following a wrong turn or user cosen alternate route. I am seriously considering adding the TRAFFIC LIVE feature and know I have made the right choice for me.
    11-30-2010 11:23 PM
    Navigon from my friends with iPhones atleast. A lot of them swear by it. But does TomTom have the voices (like Darth Vader) available for the iPhone version too like on their standard GPS devices? cos that'd be damn cool.
    12-08-2010 02:43 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread because I've been looking at the nav apps recently. Thanks for all the advice!
    12-23-2010 06:30 PM
    AT&T FTW~

we love using AT&T
    01-11-2011 11:26 PM
    Navigon is the superior app for all of the navigation apps that are available. I am not including the new Garmin app as it is just breaking ingot the marketplace, but navigon works very well.
    01-12-2011 11:43 AM
    MotionX GPS Drive
    01-30-2011 04:19 PM
    try global navigator
    01-31-2011 02:27 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD