AppSwitch - the missing app that should have been in the box!

kiancheong

Nov 18, 2008
www.onemoretap.com
My latest app just got approved on Halloween's Day! Yes, the folks do work on a (holiday) weekend!

Here's a little intro on the app. Hardcore gamers like you and me would definitely appreciate this app!

"iOS4 gave us mutitasking - great. Unfortunately, there?s no way to tell what?s running in the background versus what?s the app you last used. This app solves that problem and more!"

---
App Name: AppSwitch
Price: $0.99 (SPECiAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE, 60% OFF)
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/appswitch/id398317469?mt=8&at=10l3Vy
Web Site: http://www.xcoolapps.com

AppSwitch is the first iOS app of its kind that detects and displays all background processes, complete with actual names and icons. No more guessing around which app is running and which app is not.

AppSwitch's Switch to App technology harnesses one of iOS's most powerful features to let you quickly switch to another app, while Shortcuts lets you quickly switch to a feature within another app (e.g. switch directly to Twitter's compose message screen).

AppSwitch also features the usual arsenal of common utilities that lets you find out a whole lot more about your shiny iOS device. See device model, iOS version, network details, system load, uptime as well as disk and memory usage.

Exclusive Console feature lets you dig deep into your device's internals. See messages sent by the operating system and other processes/apps. Definitely a great troubleshooting tool for developers and technical support.

Last but not least, AppSwitch's over-the-air updates lets you keep the app as up-to-date as possible! Frequent release of the Apps Database helps improve overall app detection. Also available are free downloadable icon packs for supported apps.

Screenshots
More Screenshots @ Facebook & Flickr
AppSwitch-Screenshot-0.jpg

AppSwitch-Screenshot-2.jpg
AppSwitch-Screenshot-3a.jpg

AppSwitch-Screenshot-3.jpg
AppSwitch-Screenshot-6.jpg

AppSwitch-Screenshot-8.jpg
AppSwitch-Screenshot-9.jpg

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks cool I'll check it out. Strikes me as something that adds too much functionality for Apple to have approved though lol.

kiancheong

Nov 18, 2008
www.onemoretap.com
Why AppSwitch (or the FAQ)..

iOS4 brought us multitasking, but unfortunately, the Recently Used list does not tell you which apps continue to run in the background and which ones does not. AppSwitch tries to fill the void left by Apple in the new iOS4 by showing you exactly which apps are in the background.

Switch to App technology
Switch to App and Shortcuts work with apps that registers itself for launch using the openURL API. More info here: Loading?

Killing Backgrounded Apps
AppSwitch does not and will never be able to kill other backgrounded apps. There's no API for this and I don't think it's a good idea if Apple ever implements it. Imagine a nasty developer writing an app that kills other apps randomly. That would be a lot of mess.

What if I need to free memory on my device?
If you ever need to free memory on your device (e.g. by killing backgrounded apps) AppSwitch is here to help with its Processes list. You as the owner of the device can then decide on the apps that stay in the background, and the apps that needs to be killed.

What's the difference with that compared to "free memory" utilities?
Free memory utilities work by forcefully filling up all available memory in your device. When this happens, iOS tends to kill *all* running backgrounded apps.

What is Console?
The Console tab displays messages that are sent by applications, processes as well as the operating system. These messages are usually not visible to the end user, but are extremely useful if you ever need to troubleshoot an application. It uses documented APIs. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2