Any suggestion for a quality expense report app with receipts and export feature?

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that will allow to me keep track of my monthly business expenses.

I have found a bunch of expense tracking apps that are beautifully designed, but don't allow you to export the data in a way that allows you to export/print the receipts. At the end of every month, I need to submit a report to my accounting department in order to get reimbursed for my expenses. Therefore, regardless of how well designed the app is, if it doesn't allow you to export a report, the app is useless to me.

What I would like to be able to do is manually import expense data, with or without a photo of the receipt, organize all of that data on a month-to-month basis, and then export a report (with receipt pictures) at the end of every month.

I have found apps that offer some, but not all, of these features.

I am not too concerned about the up-front cost of the app, but I would rather not pay for a service that has monthly fees or a "per receipt" fee.

Anybody have any recommendations? Thank you.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I looked this up, and it seems to be a way to accept payments from customers for goods or services. It doesn't appear to be an expense tracking app at all. Am I missing something?

Hmm, Maybe I'm not understanding correct... But with this app you can enter Cash amounts also and Put a Name/Description on them.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, Maybe I'm not understanding correct... But with this app you can enter Cash amounts also and Put a Name/Description on them.

Yeah, I looked at the site a little more closely, and what this app is used for is accepting cash or credit card payments. You can enter cash amounts and include a name/description, but it's designed for single transactions. They use the example of selling a couch. So, if you want to sell your couch to somebody, you can put in the cash sale amount, include a description, and then email the buyer a receipt.

This app seems fantastic, and I'll probably keep and use it, but it doesn't seem to do any of the expense tracking things I need.

Thanks, though.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I looked at the site a little more closely, and what this app is used for is accepting cash or credit card payments. You can enter cash amounts and include a name/description, but it's designed for single transactions. They use the example of selling a couch. So, if you want to sell your couch to somebody, you can put in the cash sale amount, include a description, and then email the buyer a receipt.

This app seems fantastic, and I'll probably keep and use it, but it doesn't seem to do any of the expense tracking things I need.

Thanks, though.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Hmm, I see. I'll keep a eye open for one.

rpfried

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not used the app yet, but have you checked out iXpenseIt? It exports in pdf format (with an extra dollar to buy that capacity). It claims to export in .CSV and HTML and says that it can do records export with photo receipt attachment. The app is $4.99, but there is lite version for free that you can try out. Hope this helps.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I have not used the app yet, but have you checked out iXpenseIt? It exports in pdf format (with an extra dollar to buy that capacity). It claims to export in .CSV and HTML and says that it can do records export with photo receipt attachment. The app is $4.99, but there is lite version for free that you can try out. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

This app does everything that I wanted, and it does it *almost* perfectly. There are a view fields that I wish were customizable. Also, when you print a PDF report, the "note" field gets truncated if your note is more than about 5 words. Other than that, this app seems great.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2