SMS Magic and Real SMS for iPad, iPod touch and iPhone send standard SMS messages to any kind of mobile phone - yes that includes your mother's ancient Nokia - using your WiFi or 3G data connection.

These apps are used in over 70 countries to date - check the app website Which SMS app is right for me? for more details and current SMS prices for your country.

Addiction warning: once you start texting with an iPad keyboard, it's very hard to go back to a phone!

regards, JH
    10-24-2010 04:47 PM
    SMS Magic and Real SMS for iPad, iPod touch and iPhone send standard SMS messages to any kind of mobile phone - yes that includes your mother's ancient Nokia - using your WiFi or 3G data connection.

These apps are used in over 70 countries to date - check the app website Which SMS app is right for me? for more details and current SMS prices for your country.

Addiction warning: once you start texting with an iPad keyboard, it's very hard to go back to a phone!

regards, JH
    I am brand new to the world of Apple. Been a Palm user since the beginning and still using the Pre for a phone, but just got the 64Gb 3G iPad - it is amazing. Making the iPhone look very appealing, especially if multi-tasking is better with 4.2.

One frustration on the iPad is I can't seem to just SMS any of my contacts - don't see that capability built in. So I start looking at apps and see I have to pay to text and I have to use a new phone number? - am I correct in that? My monthly fee with AT&T for the 3G doesn't cover SMS texting?

I downloaded the free version of "Text Now" and it doesn't seem to recognize any of my contacts - looks like I have to recreate an address book?

Any help appreciated.
    10-25-2010 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD