Is anyone aware of an app that will track business vs. personal use of the iPhone, perhaps even providing a printable log of calls, length, and business vs. personal? I have a 3G, running 4.1.

Bruce
    10-14-2010 05:10 PM
    Is anyone aware of an app that will track business vs. personal use of the iPhone, perhaps even providing a printable log of calls, length, and business vs. personal? I have a 3G, running 4.1.

Bruce
    How would it know what is Business and what is personal?
    10-14-2010 05:14 PM
    One way would be to match phone numbers with the contacts file. The phone already does that. If I dial my office number, it matches the number with the contracts file, and recognizes the name of the company. It displays that name instead of the phone number as soon as it makes the connection. Individual contacts have work or home numbers. That could pick up many of the business v. personal. I don't know how others would be handled.

The iPhone itself logs calls in recents. But it groups multiple calls in one day to the same number, and doesn't do a good job of totalling minutes. To my knowledge, it doesn't create any kind of a printable log.
    10-14-2010 05:39 PM
    I'm sure you can print it of you sync it with your e-mail client on the computer.

Printing? You dont want to save some trees?
    10-14-2010 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD