Best radio app?

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi, not sure if this should be posted in here anyway... I would like to know which is the best radio/music app? iv heard of pandora...thats all i know lol. I'm not sure if there are radio apps that are only available on jailbroken idevices so this is why I'm not sure this is posted in the right section. it should be here because its regular but then again it should also be in the jailbroken forum.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
For radio I like iHeart Radio. It is a clear channel radio app.

For music I like pandora. Anything and everything, for free.

Of course they both use data If your not on wifi.

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The data part im not worried about, (i have unlimited) :). but i tried downloading them in my app store and its not available...im guessing its not available in Canada?

Thanks for the fast reply!

Stefan

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
As far as free apps go, I highly recommend Slacker. I also recently purchased for $1.99 US an app called Spark radio. Spark has access to tons of terrestrial radio station and numerous internet radio stations. It also doesn't drain the battery as much as other similar apps and can work in the background which is a huge plus.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Tuner Internet Radio by Nullriver due to me being a fan of ShoutCast internet radio streams, but it does not support iOS 4 background music playback, so I switched over to TuneIn Radio. TuneIn supports stream recording as well as scheduled recordings.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Slacker Radio over Pandora imo, WunderRadio is great for streaming live radio from stations around the world. It's a little slice of home to stream CHOM (Montreal) from here in Charlotte, NC>

itsizu

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen, Pandora seems to be the best at the whole music-matching scenario. And yes, all of these should be available in Canada. If you're having trouble downloading straight to your iPhone, try downloading through iTunes and then syncing!

jerrydavid

Jul 19, 2010
www.fashionshoppings.com
As far as free apps go, I highly recommend Slacker. I also recently purchased for $1.99 US an app called Spark radio. Spark has access to tons of terrestrial radio station and numerous internet radio stations. It also doesn't drain the battery as much as other similar apps and can work in the background which is a huge plus.

Yeah, Slacker Radio App gives access to the entire Slacker music library featuring millions of songs from thousands of artists. Listening to over 120 expert programmed radio stations or create our own custom stations.

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
From what I've seen, Pandora seems to be the best at the whole music-matching scenario. And yes, all of these should be available in Canada. If you're having trouble downloading straight to your iPhone, try downloading through iTunes and then syncing!

i went on my mac to see if i could download via itunes and i saw nothing so i went to there website...Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in Canada (your IP address appears to be ***.***.***.**). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com

If you are a paid subscriber, please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com and we will issue a pro-rated refund to the credit card you used to sign up. If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.

We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.

We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Tim Westergren
Founder

This sucks but i purchased an called tunein radio and so far its great! but i will try slacker and iheart radio, wunder radio. thank you for all of those suggestions!

Thanks!

Stefan

Thomas843

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Pocket tunes get my vote, its a little expensive($6.99) but worth every penny in my opinion. Lets your stream stations including Podcasts, from all over the world, I'm love being able to listen to my Hometown station from Germany.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner