The Text Flooder App that is available to the Android Market allows one to send any number of text messages to another person at a fixed and consistent rate. These text messages are received non-stop.

Problem here is, if an Android user decides to send 1500 text messages to an iPhone owner, that iPhone owner is basically locked out of their phone until all 1500 text messages have been received. This is due to the fact that the text message pop-up window appears and stops what your doing in order to present you with the option to close or view the received message.

Why is this Text Flooder app even allowed in the Android Market? It is a total waste and a complete nuisance!

Is there anyway to deal with this on the iPhone without having to block numbers or change your own? It gets very very aggravating to be attacked by this app and locked out of your phone until you've received 5000 text messages.
    Last edited by BlackFenrir; 09-29-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    09-29-2010 01:58 AM
    Try going into settings>> messages then turning off preview it might help
    09-29-2010 02:42 AM
    Doing so will only show the name of the sender and "Text Message" in the notification pop-up. This has never removed the pop-up completely.
    09-29-2010 07:58 AM
    This is a easy fix just punch the mofo sending them.
    09-29-2010 08:13 AM
    This app sounds malicious. Who has to pay for those texts? Some plans only have 200 texts per month. This could be a costly bad joke.
    09-29-2010 08:29 AM
    This app sounds malicious. Who has to pay for those texts? Some plans only have 200 texts per month. This could be a costly bad joke.
    This would be horrible! I guess android will take anything in their "app store" to compete with Apple's 250,000+ apps in the market.
    I'm glad that Apple has to approve our apps to weed out things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-29-2010 09:12 AM
    Unfortunately, if you dot have an unlimited text messaging plan for your iPhone, you will get charged for going over your limit. This app is ridiculous and should be removed from the android market. Or perhaps Apple can release a small software update that gives us the option to turn off the text message notification pop-up completely and just let badges show up on the messages app icon.
    09-29-2010 12:02 PM
    I dream of this day

Unfortunately, if you dot have an unlimited text messaging plan for your iPhone, you will get charged for going over your limit. This app is ridiculous and should be removed from the android market. Or perhaps Apple can release a small software update that gives us the option to turn off the text message notification pop-up completely and just let badges show up on the messages app icon.
    09-29-2010 12:23 PM
    That would SO **** me off! Why would some ***** do some dumb thing like that? I do wish we had the ability to block numbers totally. That would be nice.
    09-29-2010 01:08 PM
    There is an option to block with smart limit which cost $5 a month. I guess people with this problem with at&t could add it for a month and then take it off to see if stopped.
    09-29-2010 07:43 PM
    My friend just activated it. Still, why should he have to pay $5.00 a month just to keep from getting harassed by that stupid app. If that's the case, AT&T should wave that monthly fee.

This really is a big problem. Apps like that should not be allowed in any app store. I'm glad Apple didn't approve it.
    09-29-2010 11:38 PM
    If someone did that to me, they better hope I never find them. They'll be in the ER with the doctors trying to remove their Android phone from their rectum.
    09-29-2010 11:44 PM
    If someone did that to me, they better hope I never find them. They'll be in the ER with the doctors trying to remove their Android phone from their rectum.
    Then they really would be an android, human with robotic parts added hahaha
    09-30-2010 04:23 AM
    This would be horrible! I guess android will take anything in their "app store" to compete with Apple's 250,000+ apps in the market.
    I'm glad that Apple has to approve our apps to weed out things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It seems to be loosening up lately
    09-30-2010 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD